The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The Friars Club Bible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I was browsing through the bargain book section at WaldenBooks today and found this for 10 bucks.

Some of the material is a little blue for my taste, but it seems like a there's a lot of potential.

Thought I would pass it along.

Later.....
Steve
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Steve,
Thanks for the tip! I picked one up for only $10 also, and it's got some great stuff in it, despite the blue material! They also have a Friars Club Joke book that is pretty good.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
You might be interested in, "The Friar's Club Encyclopedia of Jokes" compiled by Aaron Cohl
or "Roast of the Town" by Joey Adams subtitled "The Notorious Friars Club Celebrity Roasts- and how to adapt them for any speaking occasion".
PaulGinsberg
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of PaulGinsberg
As a squire Friar of 6 months... (and Magic Castle member for about 15 years) thanks for the recognition... the friars Club.. like the Castle.. is a very special place.. and I love the history there...

Your friar replier
Paul Ginsberg

Incidentally, when I'm entertaining friends at the Friars Club I like to do a "quasi" mind-reading stunt..there's a fishbowl of little matchstick boxes. I mix 'em up.. and dig in.. and pull one out for each guest. Inside each, instead of matches, is a greeting personalized, as a souvenir.

I find the proper boxes becauseI have previously doube-stick taped them to the bottom of the bowl. I am careful to let the tape remain in the fishbowl when pulling 'em out... Enjoy...
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
69 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
Nice effect Paul! I take it you are a brother friar in NYC??? I belong to the Bev Hills Club. Nice to meet a Brother Friar! We should develop a secret handshake or code phrase ala the Masons. "For the sake of a widow's son".
I am whatever I am to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » The Friars Club Bible (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL