The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss angel levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Hi, I have been hearing a lot about this effect and wanted to know if someone could actually lead me to a demo of this effect being that I havent seen it performed. I think I have been tipped to the method but I cant possibly tie what I did see to what I heard. Any descriptions or possible video clips would be of help.

Thanks
Steve
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Couple of things, first off, why would someone give a video to expose a secret? Second please use the search funtion as there are MUCHO topics on this.
Thanks
Adam
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I don't think he was asking for a video of the secret, just of the performance. In this case the search function is your friend, but I beleive a quick search at http://www.youtube.com or http://www.hocus-pocus.com will give you the video you are looking for.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Steve,

if you like a demo of the famous illusion, go here. It's pretty amazing.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&36

Paolo Venturini
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
The levitation does look amazing. not as natural as icarus though.

-matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but could not find the answer.

In order to do these levitations does the performer need to always wear the same Pants and sneekers?
Or once the 'magic bit' has been built can it be used in whatever clothing you happen to be wearing for that day?

Many thanks

Will
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I have a friend with the DVD and it is not as good as Icarus. There is a lot of building which is not eazy. I would go with icarus if I had a choice.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the owners of the Icarus also have to put it together? I was once stated that you would have to also do some tailoring and putting things together. If anyone has Icarus they can confirm it or not.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Both gimmicks have to be custom fitted to each performer. The differenc is that Icarus Effect comes bundled with all of the necessary parts to construct the gimmick (minus a few things you probably have lying around), whereas Angel's levitation is just a DVD. To construct Angel's levitation, you have to find and buy all of the parts yourself, plus there are other things to be created with Angel's. In Icarus' case you don't have to "create" what Angel's has you create, Icarus allows you to modify something. Most people seem to be of the mind that, although seemingly more expensive (All things considered they are about equal), Icarus is the better buy.

Troller, the multitude of topics about Icarus will be more than able to answer your questions, just do a search.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
The post on Icarus Effect are so numerous and wide spread and full of off topic subject matter, who the heck has the time to peruse through all that information. It would have been simpler to just answer the question here for all to see.

But I think you did answer it in that little post you did write. Thanks for sharing.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
I'm not sure why people are dissing the angel levitation when you haven't even built it...watching a dvd isn't a review of the gimmick. and you can't say it's crap just because you might be too lazy to find materials and construct it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss angel levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL