The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Performing with doves outside. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use all my animals outside. The main thing that effects my doves while sitting on a perch throughout a show is a high gust of wind. Do any of you perform dove acts outside?
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Quite often. We've never lost a dove.

Rob
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I do perform outside with doves when I have to. I do not like to do it and do not recommend it because doves go to light. The truth is also that I have never lost a dove in an outside show.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
A while back I did an outside show at a city park. my bird generally does not fly off so I don't trim, tape, etc. Well, some kids started forward, the dove flew off and landed about ten feet away. Several kids darted towards it. "Freeze" I stated. The kids froze but the bird took flight as I approached. Off she flew. My mind reeled because I had a show an hour later 18 miles away. No bird, no final bit. with the kids frozen, the bird now in full flight in a big arc about 75 feet away. I held my hand outreached, finger protruding. She saw it. I could see her searching eye on me. She came about, flew towards me and dropped about 8 feet away, a bit tired only.

I made it to the next show but that audience that witnessed that was highly impressed. Me too.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
I have performed several Dove shows outside. It was a little bit of a task (because I use 8 doves), but pulled through it. I had one bird that flew to an audience member, but it worked out perfectly because that is who I used as a next volunteer. The rest of the audience thought it was planned that way (to let the bird choose a volunteer). I think the biggest issue performing outside is the heat. I am down south, and it can get pretty warm, so sometimes outside performances (with doves), are turned away. But sometimes, that is all the clients want is the dove act, ah well...Que Cara, Cara......But, no, never lost one in flight outside......
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 03:59, Dr. Solar wrote:
A while back I did an outside show at a city park. my bird generally does not fly off so I don't trim, tape, etc. Well, some kids started forward, the dove flew off and landed about ten feet away. Several kids darted towards it. "Freeze" I stated. The kids froze but the bird took flight as I approached. Off she flew. My mind reeled because I had a show an hour later 18 miles away. No bird, no final bit. with the kids frozen, the bird now in full flight in a big arc about 75 feet away. I held my hand outreached, finger protruding. She saw it. I could see her searching eye on me. She came about, flew towards me and dropped about 8 feet away, a bit tired only.

I made it to the next show but that audience that witnessed that was highly impressed. Me too.

Woah! Sounds like quite a day... Eh?

Glad to hear that you didn't lose a dove! Smile

-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Performing with doves outside. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL