The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot Source (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I should add that Loren Tindall's stuff will teach you to do readings, very good stuff, and the Joe Riding Seven Day course is a good basic start...after several readings you will get the feel...

Not all magic stuff on readings is bad...just most of it is written to tell magicians what they want to hear so they buy it.
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
I have a question about Tarot too. I saw a deck of tarot cards at my magic shop, but they're not on the website. I'm interested in buying one soon, but if I get them this month they'llhave to be under five bucks. How much do they cost?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Retail on most standard Tarot decks runs $15-20.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
The emerging symbol of great import to my research has been pursuing the lemniscate which appears over the magician's head as well as strength's in her leonine embrace. Sometimes the lemniscate manifests in the two of cups, usually to advertise the printing company. As for the 6 of swords....draw attention to the bycicle joker king's epaulettes--6 spade pips adorn them.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Some people believe and others do not...

My mistake Leeo and mota.

In the psychic subculture, there is a distinction between "open-eye psychics" and "closed-eye psychics."

The closed-eye (shut-eye) psychics (real psychics) believe that they are telling fortunes, helping people with their problems, etc.

The open-eye psychics (magicians & mentalists) know perfectly well that what they are doing is a scam. They are taking advantage of ignorant people. They are ripping people off. They acknowledge this (among themselves).

I used the wrong terms by mistake.

What I meant to say that I would suggest that Leeo try to find books written by an shut-eye authors (real psychics) about the Tarot and try avoid all open-eye books (written by magicians & mentalists) as much as possible because people who do not believe will do nothing but confuse you and lead you astray from your true path.

Gerard
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Stormchaser:

You can purchase tarot decks at bookstores such as Borders or Barnes & Noble. They have a small selection of the most popular decks. If you like a larger selection of tarot decks you would do better to buy them online through:

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Aeclectic Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

Joan Bunning has a free on-line Tarot reading course and sells a book on Tarot reading:
Learning the Tarot - An On-line Course
http://www.learntarot.com/top.htm

You can find many on-line tarot sites by doing a search.
Dai Vernon
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I misunderstood Gerard1973...my apologies to all involved.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Good topic for me tonight. My daughter, she's 10, is interested in tarot cards.

Is there a generic basic deck of tarot cards that she can start off with?

I told her I would check it out and get her a deck.

Thanks,

John
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Johncesta:

There are many tarot categories and themes for tarot cards. There are even beginner tarot cards, animal tarot cards, Christian tarot cards, children's tarot cards and other special tarot cards, such as Disney characters, fairy tale characters, Hello Kitty Tarot, Gummy Bear Tarot, etc. that your daughter would probably like at:

Aeclectic Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

The Whimsical Tarot cards are cute and a favorite of kids. Take a look at their website.
Dai Vernon
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
The Tarot Passages website is another tarot card website that has information about different tarot decks. Here is the address for the Tarot Passages website:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/
Dai Vernon
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
The affinity between Tarot and our modern playing cards is intriguing and magicians can be grateful both survived without taking either for granted. There's one great theory out there that indicates the switch from minor arcana to 52 card deck is a transition from lunar to solar calendar, I have always been astonished how magicians have been reluctant to learn more about Tarot and have respectfully resisted the urge to play poker with the minor arcana.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Thanks for all your help folks. Just picked up the Sasha Fenton book on eBay for £1.99 - a bargain I reckon. Will keep you updated on my progress!
Best,

lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot Source (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL