The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Request Review : Mindbender (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
His skin is VERY dry
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
He won't have a problem
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Mindbender, IMHO, is a great little bit.
C'mon folks, impromptu, visual, can be done with borrowed items, can (should) include plenty of linguistics and optical illusion(s) and more.

When I first saw the video I thought it looked incredible.
I knew "how" it could be done, but not "HOW" it was being done.

In personal experience, this one has been going over extremely well and people are making a lot of fuss over it. Watch the performance video's on the DVD or download, these are typical reactions to and for this effect.

It doesn't matter if the method has been around, did you ever think of using it before this??? Give the thing a chance . . . it's so cheap anyhow, if you don't feel it's for you, then you're not really out a lot of money.

Happy Bending,
-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi

Personally, I find MindBender sometimes a bit slow. So here's how I do it.

I let spectator's choose any card from the pack, then I do Guy Bavli's Bending Card. This effect bends a lot faster and the bending is 100% under my control. It also looks quite spooky when done right. I can make the card curve and even staighten it back.

Then I'll tell the crowd that they can also do it. Then I do MindBender on a spectator's hand. Then I explain that with more practise of the mind's power, you can bend it like I did. The crowd usually finds this very believable Smile
dblatt25
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dblatt25
Yeah I find that it is much too slow of a "trick" to be done in my routine, but maybe itll find its way in sometime.

db
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Have yet to learn this method. I saw the demo and it blew me away. I'm sure when I see how it is done I'll kick myself in the pants, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time. I am skeptical however. Some pros and cons from what I have read, but what trick doesn't have them? I was skeptical at first of "Revolution", but after getting the DVD and practicing it and then showing some friends at work, it totally killed. So I think I'll fork over the cash this weekend and see what I can come up with this "Mindbender".
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
tomcat
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of tomcat
I personally don't use it as a trick by itself. I have the card sit on my hand after I have pulled their card from an impossible location they hand the hard back to me to place on my hand. Then I bend the crap out of it but I don't use my hand motions. I just stare at the card. Finish the bend on thier hand with hand motions and it works awesome as a closer. People think the trick is done until they see the card just bend like crazy.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 11:34, tomcat wrote:
I personally don't use it as a trick by itself. I have the card sit on my hand after I have pulled their card from an impossible location they hand the hard back to me to place on my hand. Then I bend the crap out of it but I don't use my hand motions. I just stare at the card. Finish the bend on thier hand with hand motions and it works awesome as a closer. People think the trick is done until they see the card just bend like crazy.

Nicely done!
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I have a question. I'm thinking about picking this up but I see that it's a video download. Being deaf I won't be able to hear what they say. Will I be able to see the method without hearing what they say?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I think this is one of the best tricks ever. There's been a lot of talk about the slowness of it. I had that too. However, using Bicycle brand it works within 10 seconds or so...
tomcat
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of tomcat
Jaxon - I don't think you will have a problem as I watched it again the other day and there is a teaching part that is so obvious what is going on. I don't think you will have a problem and you can always use the E forums for help if you get really stumped. They have some good postings there already.

+T
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Request Review : Mindbender (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL