The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help Wanted. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Its kind of hard to explain the situation that I'm in right now. I strive to perform only the very very strongest mentalism effects. I started mentlism only a year ago. after reading 13 steps. The only effect that REALLY got me in there was great minds think alike. Or something like that. But found it almost impossible with out the right lighting etc...

The effects that I have come close to mastering are the only ones in my repetiour. Sometimes I will do something with loops... But that's not the point!

I perform the Center Tear. I use this with a presentation I came up with involving cold reading at the end... Its pretty safe though.

RGM. I like to perform this one. Its very fun for ME and totaly shocking to the audience.

If I KNOW I'm performing RGM I often preceed it by rifling through the deck and forcing a card. Then after my patter I reveal it.

***I use the universal force by (Banachek) in two presentation. One similar to a secret garden. But totaly sure fire with out the leaves and the moving lines etc. The other one is a palm reading synopsis. Where I "show" the spectator where the lines have formed the two shapes on there palm.

*** Who made this force? the circle triangle one? I think it was him... But it seems to have been around forever...

My point is I'm hoping to some how mold these effects into my first routine. But I don't have a CLOSER, I'm looking for some new material. Perhaps a book? Im up for a good read. essentially something almost SURE FIRE. That can be performed CLOSE UP. Needing no more than TWO SPECTATORS. and using MINIMUM PROPS. Maybe having two spectators think the same thought... Im not sure. But it would need to TOP ALL OF THE MATERIAL ABOVE when provided with a good presentation. Any ideas?
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Why not close with the Center Tear which is virtually propless, especially if the presentation is along the lines of something personal.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Do you think that would be workable? I think that its possible. But I'm not sure if its strong enough. I think I'm going to study it a little more and tweak my presentation for it. It plays as one of the strongest things in my repetouir. Thanks! Ill check it out. Im also thinking of maybe getting into a little bit of ESP. Seeing as I have never done that before.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What is your theme? I'm confused so far as what the act is saying about you and your abilities). You mention a CT effect with cold reading at the end, this is very strong and hint to being clairvoyant. Seeing the future or having psychometric abilities. Next you indicate (LJ's)RGM, it can be very strong. You know have the ability to enter the mind and erase an event. Lastly, you mention a palm reading effect with the (LJ) lines of the hand moving to form a previously selected design.

All of these are effective and can be very strong. How do you connect them?
Are they examples of how you can crawl inside someone's mind, get information and influence what they see and do? Once you decide on the message of you act, the type of additional material will be made clear. (In my opinion, don't use the loops within the same act that you do this material, unless you are doing them in a SHIVERS of PK TOUCHES type effect) it would confuse the message and focus of the act.

Tony
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Its hard to define what my message is. But its deffinetly there. The palm reading effect is not the LG effect. Its just a universal force with a little added touch reading it off the lines of the palm. Which works very well. If I had to set a set theme... If you know what I'm saying, to verbalize it. Its really my ability. To manipulate your mind. I don't at any point claim to be a mind reader. I just state I use psychology to manipulate there mind. Which is 110 percent true. Any ideas for ESP cards?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help Wanted. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL