The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Natural Selections (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian H
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Brian H
I quite enjoy David Acer's Random Acts book since I bought it last year, so I would like to read some of his early books. I've heard that his Natural Selections is better than the vol. 2, is it true? It seems that most dealers do not have any copy left becasue it's out of print for a long time. Does any one know where I can still find a copy?
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Hi Brian, I recently bought a copy on ebay and I've seen it sold there a few more times since. I like David's effects. About half of the material uses a gaff of some sort (I tend to avoid tricks with gaffs) but all of the effects are very direct and I imagine that they all play well.

He has a few standout routines in the book. Of particular interest here is a coins to glass routine (I forget the name) that has a killer flurry-type sequence after the audience thinks the routine is over. It ends with a surprise appearance of a mountain of change inside the glass.

He also has a great impromptu "moving hole" routine, as well as the perfect routine for couples wherein two selected cards (one from a mini deck, and one from a normal size deck) match. The method is deviously simple and the audience will swear that there was no manipulation of any kind. This one could be a real worker in a walk-around setting assuming that you weren't doing this as part of a multiple card -trick sequence.

Unfortunately I haven't read vol. 2 so I can't really compare the volumes. But if you are interested in Mr. Acer's magic, this would certainly be a great place to start. Hope this helps!
Brian H
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Brian H
Thanks for the review Shikina. I already found one copy through another Café member's help (Thanks again Matt). I believe I'll definitely enjoy the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Natural Selections (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL