The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » For witnessing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Do any of you guys use your magic one on one with someone to make a connection....and then witness to them? I mean, what a great opputunity we have as magicians. We can show one person magic, then they tell more people to watch, and soon we have a crowd. A crowd who likes you(unless your horrible ha), and then we can relate it back to Christ, and witness to them. that's a gift being able to draw a crowd/group, I think we should use the oppurtunity. So I was wondering? Do you guys as Christains/magicians...combine your two loves? Not doing a gospel show.....just one on one in the "street." I certainly want to.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There you go accusing me of enjoying myself! And with a piece of string at that.

Take Care.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- You do know what is on the backs of my cards?

Do not forget to entertain strangers,
for by so doing some people
have entertained angels
without knowing it.

Hebrews 13:2
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob, I like that idea for the back of your cards! I'm sure that we have all entertained angels unawares. I even wrote a song about that once.

Yes, SOHartist, I try to witness to people with my magic when an opportunity arises. I find it is a way to get across a message that will be remembered for a long time.

Regan
Mister Mystery
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have been known to hang out at a college town coffee house nearby (not Akron), and do magic for whoever seems interested, and after a bit of fire and other amazements, more than a few become interested in seeing more.

I do an eight card brainwave routine of mine that points out the difference between Christians and others. ANd depending on the reactions and questions, it can go straight to a Salvation Path explanation, or not. I also do a packet trick of mine called "Where is God?" and as part of the patter it "shows" what it is like if you have a relationship God, He is everywhere, and if you do not, you come up empty (blank card) and that also allows for a discussion of what it is like to have a relationship with God through Jesus christ.

I also start talking about Omnicience, asking if anyone know the meaning, and then do a routine where a fairly shuffled deck is spread around on top of a table, and I tell the first person to take a specifc card. Lets say it I tell them that I know they will take a "six of spades", just slide it out of the spread out cards, and leaving it face down, give it to me. I look at it, and commend them for following my instructions so well. I then tell them to remember what card I told them to take. I then go around the table (I have done it for as many as 6 people) and tell each what card to take, and to give to me. Then I say, my turn, and I will take teh "what of suits". and then look at my card, smile widely and talk about what Omnicinece really means. God is Omnicient. He knows everything. That means that there is nothing that God does not know. That is amazing, isn't it.

Now, I told you that I knew what cards you all would choose. And here are the cards, and I go through and throw the first person's card face up in front of them, naming it, and go through the whole list.

That was amazing wasnt it? Yes, but what I did was a trick. What God knows is no trick. You cant hide from God. ANd I take the message whatever direction it needs to go depending on who is seeking.

And then when I perform on the Street, having done it in Akron, Cleveland, Detroit, New York, New Orleans and places in between, I set up my table, and draw a crowd telling people right at the beginning, that we are going to have some fun, do some magic and talk about God. If I am working well, I might draw 30, 40 50 or more. If not, or the traffic is not there, I might draw 2 or 3. But beleive me, I talk about God a lot.

So the answer is yes. Some

And the back of my business card isn't as inspiring as Bob's, but it answers a question that I know is in the back of a lot of people's mind when I make it known that I am a Christian Magician, it says:

Should a Christian do Magic?

Spells Curses, witchcraft and spirit-talk are clearly forbidden in te4h Bible. However, card tricks and other such illusions are not forbidden. A Christian doing magic make it clear that they are tricking people's senses and fooling them with misdirection or other sleightof hand skills. These simple tricks are useful in showing people how easily they can be deceived. This "magic" is useful for getting people's attention and to entertain while providing a Christian message.

This is in pretty small type and printed in gray ink, so it isn't smacking anyone in the head, but it amazes me how many people immediately upon taking my card, turn it over and read that. I have had a number of people thank me for providing that information as they were concerend about it.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
A missionary gave wise advice. Almost always, you have to get aquainted with a person before you can witness. As he said, you need permission to witness, otherwise they will turn you off mentally and sometimes physically!

Most will find that after initial greetings and general discussion, you can go into heart matters. I wish I could follow that advice.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
I beleive that close-up magic is great for presenting the Gospel. It is also a great way to break the ice.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Macbeth, you may be interested in checking out "risen". I posted on it a while back on this forum.
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
Bro David,
I like the idea of talking about the omnicence of God with relation to knowing a chosen card. Your routine sounds excelent, but the idea could be used many different ways, with anything from a card trick to a mentalism type effect. Good thinking! As posted earlier in the forum, I have used a trick where the chosen card apeared in between two Kings, to show that Jesus, the King of Kings is never far away.

Pete
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
148 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
I use "the curved illusion" found at livingwaters.com

Then I give the illusion to the individual to keep and I say "the instructions are on the back of the cards" (which they are: instructions and a message about salvation)

Mike
mikecorry.com
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 06:34, SOHartist wrote:
Do any of you guys use your magic one on one with someone to make a connection....and then witness to them? I mean, what a great opputunity we have as magicians. We can show one person magic, then they tell more people to watch, and soon we have a crowd. A crowd who likes you(unless your horrible ha), and then we can relate it back to Christ, and witness to them. that's a gift being able to draw a crowd/group, I think we should use the oppurtunity. So I was wondering? Do you guys as Christains/magicians...combine your two loves? Not doing a gospel show.....just one on one in the "street." I certainly want to.

Yes. But not in a forced manner. If the opportunity arises and someone seems open, then most definitely. It';s great to combine these two loves!
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
I really like Livingwaters ministry and Ray Comfort. I have a lot of their tracts and information because they are a lot of fun.

Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » For witnessing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL