The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Slippery sam question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Is there a difference between a slippery sam and a locking sliding shell? I have seen some people refer to them seemingly interchangeably, but they are listed as separate items on certain websites selling them.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
They can be different in that most basically, the regular slippery sam doesn't lock onto the coin. The locking model does, allowing for some interesting added manipulation and effect. That's pretty much all there is to it.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-01-17 11:56, magicbob116 wrote:
Is there a difference between a slippery sam and a locking sliding shell?...

Slippery Sam was (is?) a coin set, enabling a stunning simultaneous change of two coins shown back and front, one in each hand. It is not the same as Steve Dusheck's Ultimate Copper Silver Transpo gaff or the more recent sliding and locking shell work. We'd have to go into secret sessions or PM for more details on the gaffs involved.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Slippery sam question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL