The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Where there is smoke.... there can be magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just got a mini smoke, I got it from Magiceffex and am already having fun with it - the effect they describe is to put a "lit" cigarette in your pocket and then to have it smoke, etc. But since I don't do cigs - lit or not, I need to go a different way.

And I have a couple of thoughts that will take some work to prove the effect is right and that the routine works. I am thinking of a signed card disappearing after/during/as a result of some fire effect (not sure which one yet) and then ending up partially burned in the outside jacket pocket that has been smoking since right after the card disappeared.

Does anyone else have one of these smoke gems yet, and if so, how are you using it?

For those who haven't seen it yet, it is a small self contained electronic device which easily fits into a jacket outside breast pocket, and when tripped begins to give off a pretty good flow of harmless, but very real smoke. It is a bit pricey (aound $70 US) but I think the effect it provides can punctuate a fire routine.

Agree? Disagree? Any other ideas?

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I was looking at that thing... So you recommend it?
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Well, so far, it seems pretty OK.

But I don't like the toggle switch on it. The only way to turn it on, is by reaching into the pocket (which is why they have the routine of putting out a lit cigarrate in that pocket)

I am trying to turn it on from inside my jacket, reaching through the lining, and not by reaching in the pocket.

If it is your last $70, then use it elsewhere, but if you got some wiggle room in budget for it, this is not bad.

And if you can find one at a real good price (Franky Pasta at Pastamagic in NY is the best guy I found for it. I can give u his e-mail if you private message me. I don't want to run an ad for him - or be accused of it.) but if you do fire, this adds a nice bit of effect.

Currently I see two, maybe three issues that I personally don't like about the handling or construction of it, but I Love the overall effect it provides.

BrodDavid

James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Hi BroDavid,
Mini Smoke produces a lot of smoke whereas Smoke 2000 just gives one puff only - is that right?
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
James,

I am not familiar with Smoke 2000, but MiniSmoke produces a somewhat steady stream of smoke until you turn it off.

As far a volume of smoke, it wont fill a room, but it will (as advertised) make enough smoke to make your pocket look like it is on fire.

An interesting thing happened with mine as I had it puffing away in the top outside breast pocket of a sportcoat, and a guy just leaned over to look into my pocket, (talk about invading my space..) and really got concerned and jumped back when he saw the red glow too in the smoke.

As you may know the unit has a red LED on top, near the toggle switch to indicate power on/off. You can see it in any photo of the unit, and it is pretty bright. That is what he saw.

I actually thought the light was pretty useless, but now I may start asking people to "just peek in to check it - because I am afraid to look...." Smile

BroDavid
MagicalChris
View Profile
New user
Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of MagicalChris
thanks for the info.. If anyoen has the Raven video they show a little plastic thing that when you push on a puff of smoke or what looks like a puff of smoke comes out.. does anyone know what htsi is and where I could get one?
-chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Where there is smoke.... there can be magic! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL