The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Bob Cassidy's book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Which one is the best Bob Cassidy's book?
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Due to his recent sale, I now have over 30 of Bob's e-books. I have not had time to study all of them thoroughly, but my vote at this point has to go for "Mind Explosions," with his versions of "The Magic Square" and "Knight's Tour." IMHO, the routines are brilliant!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Not sure which one is best ...
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
I do not have much by him but I think many would agree that The Artful Mentalism is one of his best by far. It regroups many of his earlier work.
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I would say his book "Fundamentals" is very good. His best one - I´m not sure. I have quite a few of his ebooks, and a lot of his routines are brilliant. I don´t know, there are so many.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well, since I only have one DVD of his so far, (Mental Miracles), which I love, and only one of his books; The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, I would just say I LOVE this book. There is SO MUCH in it. Bob is an amazing thinker.

I don't think I will buy any of his other books now, as there is SO much info in this book alone. Highly recommended, especially if you are like me, and VERY new to this branch of Mentalism and Metal Bending.

Which brings me to a question. Does anyone know how to contact Bob, via email. I went to his web site to try and contact him with a question, but didn't see an 'contact' info there.

There is a web site in the back of the book, but it doesn't work, at least not for me.

If anyone here has this book, I am trying to find a place to buy the Keychain Reel with the cord, rather than a chain. I visited Walmart and they had just ONE keychain reel, but it had a chain, which I don't want.

I'd much prefer to spend 5 or 6 bucks in Canadian coin on one of these, rather than 40 - 50 bucks on a Reel from a magic store.

I LOVE Bob's handling for the Quarter Bend, so am on the search for the Reel.

I was watching Richards Penny Bend last night on Mind Mysteries; watched it over and over, but just have NO idea of his handling, or at what point he makes any switch, which I guess he can't, as the date has been noted by the spectators.

So, I'm back to the Reel, a cheap one, if I can find one. Any help is APPRECIATED!

Kindest Regards...

smitty
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Smitty...check Office Max, Staples or someplace like that. They have "tag pulls" that people hang their nametags from at work, but for use when the tag is the magnetic key to get into the building. Usually around the section where the nametags and stickers are in those stores...the one's I've bought have a thin cord, not a chain.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Many thinks for the tip Rick. I actually got lucky tonight when I was out with my son for his birthday and stopped at Zeller's and Canadian. Both stores had them; two different styles and two different prices, but both with a thin cord, so I will try them both.

Wasn't able to find the elbow pads though that Bob recommended to wear on the arm to attach them, so will have to come up with another idea.

But, now I can play with these 2 pulls at least.

BEST...

smitty
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I cannot get bob's website to work. mastermindreader.com right? Maybe it just won't work in china. =
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hey tian_ci, I just visited Bob's website with the link you gave and it opens fine for me. I'm using Opera Web Browser, but it also opens fine with Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox. However, I can't get into the For Mentalists Only section as I've forgotten my I.D. and password. That's where all the GOLD is on Bob's site. I've been there once. Perhaps try mastermindreader.com again. Maybe the traffic was just too heavy or something as I've never had a problem getting in.

BEST...

smitty
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I use oprea at home, IE at work and I get nothing.
SUCKS
some websites just don't work over here. =

ah well...
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-01-18 10:47, ekozuch wrote:
Which one is the best Bob Cassidy's book?

"The Artful Mentalism" book contains some of Bob's best work, and serves as an excellent introduction to his material.

The book coupled with his Menetal Miracles DVD will provide you with more than enough introductory material.

His "Black Box" DVD is also an excellent purchase.

"Fundementals" "Crosswords" "Return to Crosswords" are three of the best.

What attracts me to Cassidy is that he, along with Richard Osterlind for example, will do their effects without the overuse of "props".

A trip to Staples for the gear, a birthday shop for a baloon or three, and a deck of cards for his memory deck is all you need.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Ekozuch:

I would suggest that you buy either or both of these books: The Art of Mentalism or The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy.

Both of these books are recognized as a classics in the field and are on the top "Ten Lists" of many leading mentalists. These two books are probably Bob Cassidy's best books.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
The Artful Mentalism is sooo great!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Bob Cassidy's book (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL