The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » J C Sum's Equilteral Book Reviewed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi all,

I have been reading J C's latest book for the last few weeks and thought I would post a brief review here and hopefully get some others to post their thoughts on the book.

Firstly I have to say that J C is a really helpful guy who is easily approachable and is willing to answer any questions which you may have!

I personally love the book and there are some great illusions in there that are very workable and usable in most situations.

I have listed below my favourites!

Singular - An assistants revenge type prop where you produce your assistant! - I really like this and have shortlisted it as one to build as an opener one of my shows! Looks deceptive and looks practical.

Squeezed and Skewed - Nice looking spear type box illusion that also compresses - Again, very practical, especially if you have bad sight lines! This has also been shortlisted!

Wall 2 Wall - Another gr8 illusion - 2 upright walls stood on 2 dollies are wheeled on and your assistant stands between them with her arms outstretched side by side! A roller blind is drawn between the two and the walls are pushed together squashing the assistant to nothing! I like this one because it's a bit different and not using another"box"!

Full throttle - This is a reasonably compact, self contained motorcycle illusion that you can do in most situations without having to be on a theatre stage with all the backdrops, etc! This would be ideal for a showroom bike launch!

The whole book is very informative and nothing has been left out. There is something in there for every illusionist and should be in your library, I highly reccomend it!

Sean
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I also have this book and without a doubt one of the best illusion books I have ever seen. It is obvious that each illusion is not a pipe dream and diret from JC's show, which in itself tells you that it is good. They are all good illusions, I really like the car production and the Squeeze Illusion. Highly recommend this book to anybody wanting good, solid, practical illusions. The quality of the book is also of a very high standard.

Paul
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » J C Sum's Equilteral Book Reviewed! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL