The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Roll on table graphics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi I wasn't sure where to put this thread so hope I am right. I am trying to come up with a picture to go on the front of my roll on table. I have some ideas but still not sure what to have on there. so I was wondering if anybody could help me out by showing me some of there roll on tables. so I can get some ideas of whats on other peoples.
thanks
Richard
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Hi If you go to my website and look at the testimonials page there are some pictures of my tables there. The first I had made was the rabbit and hat and found an excellent signwriter who did the design himself, I just told him I wanted a rabbit in a hat with my name and the style of lettering and that I wanted the rabbits wand to point to the name.This was done probably 20 years ago now and still looks as good today as it did then. There is another picture of this on my Gallery One page (with a very youthful picture of me).

The second one with my cartoon on was done just in the last year or two and was printed on vinyl and stuck on by another sign maker. I wasn't too keen to start with as I loved the hand painted on, but I still think it works and has my web address on it too. Anyway hope it helps a bit. The website address is
http://www.itsakindofmagic.com/testimonials.htm
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hey Richard,

Great question. You could try the two hands with gloves and your two doves above that. I may have a name card at home I could show you next time your over. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of help anyways.

Cya
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
I created a logo for my act. It is a simple combination of my initials. I applied the logo directly to the table using silver paint pen (letter outline only). It looks very clean and snappy, and pops out nicely on the black background of the table.
My logo also appears on cover letters and my business card.
-MATT KAP
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
Mjeayres-

What kind of table is that in your pictures?
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I recently engaged the services of a cartoonist to do a digital character of me...I'm hoping to put this image onto my table as well as my new business card and of course on my web site...will try to post it when I get it back...as long as she makes me look handsome
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
TXKEVIN

They are both suitcase tables, the top section all folds down and can be carried as a suitcase. They are both the Terry Burgess design from Terry & Norma in the UK. The first one was made by Terry (the one with the rabbit on) and the other by Albion Magic who bought the rights to the Terry and Norma line when they retired. The second one has a slightly different design round the back, but I wanted the second table to be identical and as they were built some 15 or so years apart I was lucky to find Albion Magic who managed to match the colour almost exactly.

The only down side to them is they can be a bit on the heavy side but the later table has really tough casters, which I need to find the time to add to the first one too!!

The cartoon I have of me, beleive or not, was drawn by a street artist in Shaftsbury Avenue in the West End of London. I think it cost me £5!? The hair line has receeded a bit since that was drawn, but I call it artistic licence!!
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2006-01-26 06:29, mjeayres wrote:
TXKEVIN

The cartoon I have of me, beleive or not, was drawn by a street artist in Shaftsbury Avenue in the West End of London. I think it cost me £5!? The hair line has receeded a bit since that was drawn, but I call it artistic licence!!

The picture I use on my avatar is also part of my logo. It was drawn by an artist at a trade show about 15 years ago. At the time I told him to give me a guitar. Well the likeness was really pretty good, and a few years ago I decided to use it for my logo. Only I was holding a guitar and the hair line was a bit further forward. However, with a scanner and some editing I made the necessary changes and voila' I'm older and holding a magic wand.

By the way, I use a Lefler suitecase table. So I created a sign that has my stage name in big letters on it. This was printed out and mounted on craft board and laminated. Then I put velcro tabs on the back. So when I get ready to set up, I just take the sign (which spans the front of my table) and stick it to the table.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I'm a hobbiest (and cost is always an issue) and did my own banner sign that is made of black cloth with a stiff wood pole in the top.
I used white Iron-on letters for the lettering, and sewed on a giant logo (A Top Hat) in gold ribbon. It looks nice for a "Do-It-Yourself" project and was not expensive at all.

At some point in the future, I would like to have a Nylon banner professionally printed. With the same giant logo and name information.

Best,

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Roll on table graphics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL