The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need Help Deciding on Magic Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pinto2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Pinto2
Well lucky me just recieved a lot of magic books/instructions from a friend who turned out to be a retired magician. By a lot I mean;

A.Roterberg-Later Day Tricks, Al.Baker & Co.-Our Mysteries, Cardtrick Central - Best of Cards, Ed Marlo - FingerTip Control, Ed Marlo - Miracle Card Change, Frank.R.Wallace - Neocheating, Jean Hugard - Encyclopedia of Card.Tricks, Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations Volumes 1-5, S.W. Erdnase - Expert at the Card Table

So, hopfully I can get some feed back from you guys about whats crap and whats not. I will eventually get through it all, but for now I need some recomendations of where to start. Thanks a lot for the help
Daniel
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
No question from that lot - Erdnase and Roterberg...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Frank R. Wallace is a crackpot who also started a cult called "Neo-tech", loosely based on the theories of fellow crackpot and cult leader Ayn Rand.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Ayn Rand a cult leader? That's the most oxymoronic thing I've ever heard.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
I think all of them are too advanced, if you do not know the basics like DL, shuffle control etc.

except for encyclopedia of card tricks. Some medicore matrial, a few quality ones, takes time to look through.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-06-08 19:53, Brainbu$ter wrote:
Ayn Rand a cult leader? That's the most oxymoronic thing I've ever heard.

Well maybe his opinion changed in the six years that have gone by since he made the post... Ya never know! Smile

SEY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need Help Deciding on Magic Material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL