The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Where can I get 25" x 13" closeup pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Does anyone know where I can get a closeup pad at least 13" x 25"? I can't find any that are 25" anywhere. I prefer not to make my own, and the neoprene doesn't have enough give for my taste. Thanks -
Bill
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Try this e-mail chorner@cfaith.com he has a magic shop in Indianapolis area and they heave made some good quality close-up pads in the past. Hope it helps
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Patrick makes custom pads for a reasonable price...

http://www.pmsmagic.com/

He also makes an outstanding table
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Thanks for the info! I looked at Patrick's website, but could no longer find any info on closeup mats - I remembered seeing a huge selection of sizes and colors a while ago, but I figured he must no longer be offering that. I will check out the other link by neoreform. I did make a pad, or rather a couple of pads. The first I used pig-suede over wool felt, but there was not enough give, so I remade it with velvet over felt. The velvet looks and works great, though I would still like just a little more give. Thanks again -
Bill
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
You should try and call him....He's a great guy.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Dean Dill has one on his website called the "ultimate jumbo pad". It measures 18" by 27". Pretty expensive though
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
74 Posts

Profile of robsigns
I second Dean Dill's pads. They are VERY nice! They're very well made. I've seen them several times and they're very nice. The only reason I don't have one is that I already had a couple when I saw his. Also try Hollywood Magic. They have one that's about that size for about $80. I use the Hollywood Magic pad alot. The one I have that I use the most is from School for Scoundrels. It's the "top only" of the "Street Table." It's a good size pad in a frame. The frame has a bottom that's covered with felt so you can put it on a table and not scratch. The frame also keeps items from rolling off the pad.
PM me if you want more info.
Rob
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I believe Ronjo has larger pads. Check http://www.ronjo.com
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
I can make up custom folding close up mats similar to the standard sizes sold by Bob James (see it featured at http://www.bobjamesmagic.com/) and Mak Magic. (I supply both.)

The ones we make are stiff; they fold up like a book.

You can have your choice of black duravel or green felt on the top. (Actually there's a wide array of color choices for top and base.) I'll make up any set of custom dimensions at a reasonable price.

PM me with questions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Where can I get 25" x 13" closeup pad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL