The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » New member with question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biscuit
View Profile

Indiana
0 Posts

Profile of biscuit
I realize this may be a ridiculous request for my very first posting, and I sure don't want to breach any rules of the board, etiquette, or good common sense My partner and I are going to LA in two weeks, and would dearly love to visit the Magic Castle. It is my first visit to LA in my 41 years and I likely will not be going back for years, so I would not be interested in attempting to get approved as an associate member due to the expense. Would it be out of order in ANY way for me to ask the members here if anyone who IS a member would be willing to "invite" me as a guest? I just can't imagine taking this trip and not visiting. I am just not sure if this would be considered rude, or worse, to ask, and even less sure that anyone would be willing to help, but I can't let this opportunity go without attempting.

For the record, we both have been interested in magic for years and are something of amateur magicians. We have purchased many books, videos, tricks etc and perform for ourselves and family. I also have been lurking here several times a week for quite some time. Must say this is a most unique site with a lot of wonderful people, so I don't want to upset anyone.

I welcome any comments.
biscuit
View Profile

Indiana
0 Posts

Profile of biscuit
Oh, and by the way, if anyone here has any ideas about other places I might want to check out while I am in the area, let me know. (I vaguely remember reading about a member here who has a barber shop/magic place but don't remember his name).
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
If your a mamber of the SAM or IBM you can get in....I think.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2006-01-27 18:09, Jeremy L. wrote:
If you're a member of the SAM or IBM you can get in....I think?

This is correct. All you have to do is call the "Castle" and make a reservation. Coat and tie for men are required, unless with the restructuring they are allowing the "Grunge look"!

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Tony Brent
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
156 Posts

Profile of Tony Brent
Make sure that you take your IBM or SAM membership card with you. They will ask for it.

Tony Brent
Orlando, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » New member with question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL