The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » NW/Boon question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hello all,

I am learning to NW/Boon write at the moment, starting with numbers. Now I can get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, down fine without looking. However the rest are harder..right I know this is all about practice but my question is this. Should I learn to do these figures without looking from the start, or concentrate on being able to get them down whilst I look and then later practice without looking?

Ross
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I try to write without looking, but look if I get stuck.

Then try again, and again ........

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Hi ross! you can learn it either way. I learned it without looking. it`s not hard to do. practice 2 digit numbers. you have to get a feeling of the space between the two numbers. for me the most difficult 2 digit number to write is 86, because of the thumbmovement. good luck! kiki
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I had similar probelms with 2 digit number and the spacing always lookd like I had written it without looking!, to pratice I made a little template out of thick card with 2 squares cut out less than 1/4" apart , the placed this on the pad and just kept praticing, I found this gave me the right feel for distance and also a pratice guide efor the size of the digits, I did the same for 3 and 4 digits as well. I am now quite happy with they way I writ them. I know tis may be alittle extreme just to NW, but I was really happy with the look once I praticed this way

Hope this helps

regards

Steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK sorry to throw a fork in the road. Which one do you guys rather using. I currently use the Swami but I believe that those are being Discontinued. Can anyone PM me with some links of other different NW's?
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I got mine from Richard Osterlind site. If they are to be discontinued, they are real simple to make.

regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
I got a thumb writer plus the other day and it is fantastic. For me, it works lots better than a C type.

Ross
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » NW/Boon question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL