The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Three Weeks till the NYCS VEGAS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey everyone, we are coming up on the three week mark until our coin seminar, the day before the World magic Seminar in Vegas. I got the updated list, and while I see that we still have some spots open, I am pleased that some of our Café friends will be there! For those of you who registered, I will be contacting you in one to two weeks, to go over things you will need to bring,and topics you would like to discuss during the Seminar. We did this the last time, and it was very helpful to gauge the interests and abilities of the people. Many of the attendees are just hobbists, some beginners, but all have a working knowledge of basic coin magic. This time, we will be dividing the people into four breakout groups, who will have peresonal instruction with each of us, in addition to the performances, lectures, special guest appearances by Kainoa Harbottle and a very special someone else (who has a very special something lined up to show!). As usual, there will be a unique kit of material for the attendees (its different in every Seminar). The nice thing about this Seminar, is that the attendees will be able to ask us questions during the following World Magic Seminar where we will also be participating (and doing different material). This is a first, as after the other two Seminars we did, the attendees had to leave at the end of the day. For those of you who still want to sign up, there is not much time. Check out http://www.coinchampions.com for sign up details, or the website of the world magic Seminar. See you all soon!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Be there or be square, as they say in my country Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT! I will be calling the registrants this week. Please register ASAP, in order to be included in selection of topics thaqt we will concentrate on during the Seminar. The Seminar is the day before WMS< in the Orleans hotel, and you can get the same convention rate if you let them know you are there for the Seminar. Feel free to PM me with any questions, or drop a note to my e mail with the name Seminar in the heading. If you order the COINS ACROSS DVD, let me know if you want it mailed before the Seminar, or given to you at the Seminar. See you soon!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Well the secret is out, our MYSTERY GUEST has been unmasked on the WMS website. He is none other than CURTIS KAM, who has prepared something special for the attendees. So, you get ROTH, RUBINSTEIN, GALLO, LATTA, and in addition to special guest KAINOA HARBOTTLE, you also get CURTIS KAM!!!! This looks like a reunion of the famous 2003 COINVENTION! With Curtis's name now out there, I don't think the remaining spots will be open too much longer. PM me with any questions, or sign up at http://www.coinchampions.com for Feb 18th, the day before the WMS begins.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
WHAT? The Secret's OUT? Well I suppose I can stop practicing my act with a grocery bag over my head! Too bad, too, my agent was just starting to like my "new direction".

Well, now that those pesky investigative journalists have pried the truth out of us despite our best security measures, I might as well spill the rest of the beans.

Yes, I'm happy to say that I'll be doing a special presentation at the New York Coin Seminar in Las Vegas. Yes, it will be different from the material that I'm covering in my lecture for WMS.

And yes, there is truth to the rumor that I will be tipping a coins across routine that's guaranteed to be better than anyone else's coins across, because it's made up the best parts of everyone else's coins acrosses! It's called "Mr. Eclectic" and it starts with the production and examination of three coins, (at which point your hands are empty) progresses to a fisted coins across, a visual coins across, and then on to other destinations. Mr. Eclectic features moves and effects from myself, David Roth, Reed McClintock, Geoff Latta, Kainoa Harbottle, Gary Kurtz, and others.

Yes, this is the way I do the Visual Coins Across for paying audiences, and no, the routine does not appear anywhere else. Only in Vegas, and only at the Coin Seminar. Yes, it uses a gimmick, but no, it's not a shell or a U3F. Something to think about? Hopefully, yes, and also something you'll use.

Obviously I'm relieved that this is now out in the open. It would have been a nice surprise for the attendees, and we would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling teenagers!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
And yes, there is truth to the rumor that I will be tipping a coins across routine that's guaranteed to be better than anyone else's coins across,

Well then I guess there is no need for me to make that claim...LOL! Oh hell...I'll just tip something else Smile!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Nah, go ahead, Mike, make the claim! (Mine's only a rumor) The people who show up can decide for themselves!

That's it! We should market the Coin Seminar like a WWF event:

Ladies and Gentlemen, in a Coins Across deathmatch, the Big Kahuna versus the Buffalo Barman!!! Place your bets, this one is for all the money!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Hey, the Bronx Bomber wants in!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Cool...ya think we can get a spot on pay-per-view? At least Jerry Spinger maybe?

Mike
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I can sell tickets if you like... Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Ya don't scare me, Bomber. Bring it on, and bring the other Mike with ya. Heck, call in Mike Ammar, if ya want, I don't care.

The Beach Boys are coming for Ya. Me and "Mad Dog" Harbottle, the denizen of Delaware. We're workin' out--muscle passin' in meat packing houses, slammin' coins through blocks of ice, slingin' apostrophies like sixth graders--real "eye of the tiger" stuff. Watch out, Bomber, you're goin' down!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Curtis...come on...is Harbottle the best you can do...HA! Smile Just so you know, shortly after the New York Coin Seminar 2...Kainoa was place under a post hypnotic spell while watching Michael Rubinstein doing spellbound with little discs that had these spiral printed thingies on them! Since then, all we have to do is play our new coins across DVD backwards and when he hears the secret message on there...well, it renders him helpless...gives him "Palms of Jello"...he is totally under are controll...all I can say is you don't want Harbottle behind you when he is muscle passing "dem der koins" (as the Bronx Bomver would say)! Ya know...I'm starting to think you are still ticked off that Vegas has better pizza than Hawaii Smile!!!

Mike
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You coinguys sound DANGEROUS. Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Naaah, we just like to put on a good show, and we will, and more, at the New York Coin Magic Seminar III VEGAS! (How's THAT for getting back on topic!).
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
When you play coins across backwards are there in references to "Paul is Dead" Ok, maybe I'm the only one old enough to remimber that......Smile or is it:(
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-02-04 10:11, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
How's THAT for getting back on topic!

Very well done. Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I sure hope this isn't the last time you guys join together for something like this. I have been unable to make it 3 times in a row. Here's to a hopeful next year return. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Three Weeks till the NYCS VEGAS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL