The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mini rubber chicken (finger flicken good) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Attached link goes to a rubber chicken keychain. I got one of these at CVS drugstore in Michigan. It's easily removed from the keychain. It's squishy (but not fully compressible) and it's body (minus neck and legs) is about the size of a baby sponge rabbit. It makes people laugh. It could fit a mini chop cup.

I placed a sponge bunny in my hand, and explained to my wife that it would burst into a ball of fire. When nothing happened I explained that he was chicken (open hand to show chicken).

http://www.imperialtoy.com/toy_detail2.asp?id=295
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
That's a fowl joke.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You just can't help yourself, can you Larry? I'm telling you man, it's a sickness.Smile
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Vandy, you're right!
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
I have one of those that lays an egg when you squeeze it. Meehee!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Josh, you ARE aware that it is against Café' policy to flip anyone the bird...?

You could be accused of featherbedding, birddogging and linking to fowl sites, too. It could seriously effect your standing in the pecking order around here!

However, I have to admit, the little critter is pretty CHEEP!

;) Smile Smile

Lee Darrow,
Staff
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
This sounds like fun. It would make a wacky final load. Maybe a chicken and the egg routine with a chopped mini egg.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Double lift, I'm sorry. I don't see the extremely bad pun in your post. Could it be that you actually saw my post as a helpful final load suggestion, and not a springboard into a endless rant of chicken puns?

Crayola makes a modeling foam (Model Magic) that could be moulded into an egg like you mentioned. It dries hard but puffed like insulation foam. So it wouldn't talk. Cool idea.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Quote:
On 2006-02-03 23:24, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Double lift, I'm sorry. I don't see the extremely bad pun in your post. Could it be that you actually saw my post as a helpful final load suggestion, and not a springboard into a endless rant of chicken puns?

Crayola makes a modeling foam (Model Magic) that could be moulded into an egg like you mentioned. It dries hard but puffed like insulation foam. So it wouldn't talk. Cool idea.

By George I think you've got it!
I was thinking more on the lines of drilling a small egg and inserting those magical chop cup things and healing the eggs up. I think it could be a very funny
"Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg" routine. Can we claim origination of the idea here and now?
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
How did the rubber chicken get across the road????In a STRETCH LIMO...I have started it now....Cordially,Howard
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Quote:
On 2006-02-04 17:17, graywolf wrote:
How did the rubber chicken get across the road????In a STRETCH LIMO...I have started it now....Cordially,Howard

Noooo its how did the chicken get across the cups? Oops he hatched and suffocated!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Oooo! Doublelift,

Maybe use a little chopped woven basket for the cup.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
How about a second final load of a small container of chickensoup? Lots of patter to explore. Ditch the eggs and switch the rubber chicken for a pile of plastic bones from a toy skeleton? Just a little brainstorming it could be something fun.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

The Chicken Chop Basket
"Boneless kid's version"
(A $675.00 value)

Here I have a little basket and a little egg. If I place the basket on my hand, and the egg in my pocket, and crow like this "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!" the egg appears under the basket. I'll show you again. The egg goes in my pocket, and if I don't crow it stays right there. But If do "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!" the egg appears under the basket. Now I don't normally do this, but the secret is so incredible, I just have to tell you how it's done. Mildred the magic chicken is hiding in the basket. Whenever I take the egg, and put it in my pocket like this, and crow "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!", Mildred lays another egg like this. Here you try it this time. The egg goes in my pocket and now crow like this "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!"

Kid: "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!"

Very good. Now if we did this right we'd have..uh..um (revealing chicken) MILDRED! MY GOSH! What happened to you!?! (Holds chicken to ear) Oh I see... She heard us both crowing and thought it was time for the big ending. (Lift basket to show full sized egg, the same size or larger than the basket)

I'm thinking the basket could either be woven with wire at the bottom or lined with a red checked fabric. Has anyone done this before? (Bill?)
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Gosh Josh you are there.....I bet most people seeing this would never say they just say cups and balls.......well they didn't
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Excuse me. I didn't understand what you wrote.

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:27pm
Oh I see, the second "say" was supposed to say "saw". (say it 10 times fast)
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Late night Café ing causes many a mmissspelled posst......
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Have anyone read Floyd Collins book, "Chicken Scratches." It explains many routines that can be presented with a rubber chicken from stand-up to close-up. I enjoy reading this book. It made me get my rubber chicken out the closet and dust it off so I could start using it in my shows.
http://stores.lulu.com/thecenterstage
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mini rubber chicken (finger flicken good) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL