The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First Time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salem
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Salem
I have never done any busking, magic that is, and I was curious those that remember their first time what is was like, what effects you used, how the audience responded (or didn't). I think it would be cool to read a collection of stories of buskers virgin experience.

Thanks,
Salem
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
If you must perform torn and restored newspaper...
take note of the wind's direction.

Picking up the pieces with a restored paper just looks suspicious.
Salem
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Salem
I'm not so interested in performing, as I don't think I'm anywhere near the skill level or have enough experience. I was more interested in a whimsical walk down memory lane. Unless that was a joke and I just don't get it. Oh well thanks for the response anyway.

Salem
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm pretty sure Jim did just what you asked. He was recalling his first performance... on a windy day. It wasn't meant as a joke, but the thought of the look on Jim's face as he sees the pieces flutter to the ground is funny nonetheless.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Ah yes...
Thank you David. Perhaps Michael Baker can step in here and relate how foolish I looked.... I think his advice on the ride home was, "take your bumps boy and get back out there smarter next time."

Whimsically,
Jim Wilder
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It's always a milestone when a magician loses the virginity of idealism.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
The first time I went out was in my town's downtown area during a First Friday event. I did sponge balls, a tt and silk, and ended with an comedy invisible deck routine. I did those three tricks for about 2.5 hours and made around $80 dollars-I was on cloud nine. I was hooked and perform there every month if at all possible. I have made up to $160 in just a couple of hours-it's great. I just wish it was more often.

It's the best-people freely offering you their hard-earned cash just for making them laugh and have a good time.
Salem
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Salem
Quote:
On 2006-02-06 14:46, Dave VanVranken wrote:
I'm pretty sure Jim did just what you asked. He was recalling his first performance... on a windy day. It wasn't meant as a joke, but the thought of the look on Jim's face as he sees the pieces flutter to the ground is funny nonetheless.

Sorry, quite right. Thanks Jim.
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
Quote:
On 2006-02-06 17:44, Michael Baker wrote:
It's always a milestone when a magician loses the virginity of idealism.

Well put.

I doubt most people (including myself) will be as lucky as Chad C.

I think its always best to expect and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-02-06 13:03, Jim Wilder wrote:
If you must perform torn and restored newspaper...
take note of the wind's direction.

Picking up the pieces with a restored paper just looks suspicious.

I just had an image of dropping a piece of paper and when you restore the paper, there's a hole in it!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
If it is your first time out, I stronly recomend that you read the book "The secret art of magic". I started reading it yesterday and I am about half way through. It is great! But I quess this topic is not about recomended reading. Just had to tell you guys. Smile

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First Time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL