The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close-up Mat with secret compartments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
I'm looking for a Close-up Mat with secret compartments on the bottom that will allow me to steal half dollars and a jumbo coin. Can anyone recommend a source?

Terry
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The Dean Dill mat is the one. Pretty spendy, but the folks that have 'em say it can make the average guy look like a top pro.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
Don't know if you are familiar with Ed Marlo's Card Shelf. It was featured in an Old "New Tops" from the 70's.
It shows it made of card stock, but is great also made of black muslin.
It can be attached to the underside of your close-up mat. When the mat is spread it hangs beautifully over your edge of the table. It is great for switching cards, coins, etc. You can also use it for "lapping" without the worry of dropping.
Sorry I can't remember the issue, but if you can find any of the New Tops on e-bay or wherever, Marlo ran a monthly column, as did Nick Trost, and it was loaded with great stuff. Smile
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
John Clarkson
View Profile
Special user
Santa Barbara, CA
749 Posts

Profile of John Clarkson
Keith Lack puts out a close up table that might be exactly what you are looking for. Check out the site: http://www.arlenstudio.com/.

The quality of his merchandise is impeccable and comes with a money-back guarantee!
Smile
John D. Clarkson, S.O.B. (Sacred Omphaloskeptic Brotherhood)
Cozener

"There is nothing more important to a magician than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are Gay."
—Peggy, from King of the Hill (Sleight of Hank)
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
I agree with John; the quality of Keith Lack's items is just superb. While I am not lucky enough to own his table yet, I have seen one over my friend's house and it is excellent.
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
MxJoKeR
View Profile
Regular user
Nowhere, Oklahoma
173 Posts

Profile of MxJoKeR
You might like a table better because the mat is a bit thin to be hiding stuff in with out a big hump in the middle.
Do or Do-Not, There is no try--Yoda
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just wondering, I saw a close-up mat (was more like a board, was thick) that had a magnet that moved from left to right, so you could move items under a cloth or steal coins ect....

I was thinking about using this with shimmed cards, does anyone know where to find it?

It was normal card mat top, with metal corners and seemed about 1 in thick, also had spots for hiding things

Sorry, I posted that before I saw that Keith Lacks table was in fact the one that I saw before and wanted. Smile

Sorry!!! Smile Smile
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I second the suggestion to check out Dean Dills close up mats. I saw him demonstrate them A Day Of Magic a couple of years ago and they are first rate. Go for the best and you wont be disappointed.
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
I second the Dean Dill mat. Very useful and well made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close-up Mat with secret compartments (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL