The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where do you buy your tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
Mr. Magic in Little Rock, Arkansas. Claims to be one of the largest B&M stores in the country, and the owner, Jim Henson, knows his stuff.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Magic Warehouse
The fastest shipping I have ever seen. Usually the same day.
The best prices, with no jumping though hoops like special membership mumbo jumbo.
Everyday low prices, so you don't have to concern yourself with what is on sale or not.
All items show up as available or not when you place in your cart, no concerns about backordering.
Fantastic customer service in case of a problem.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Wow, this thread is still going strong!

I have to say that Barry's Magic Shop in Maryland (Right next to D.C.). He moved to a new location and the shop is HUGE!
They have Lectures as well. For example, George Schindler will be there January 30th. Check out the info here: http://www.barrysmagicshop.com/ I know David Roth was there etc.

They also have a Kids Show every Saturday (after the holidays) that is only $10! The kids (and adults) love the show. very popular.

They have a LOT of magicians that just "hang out" where I have picked up a ton of tips/ideas and just love sitting there watching them in action.

The web site is not bad, but I just go in person. Better atmoshere. There are some cool instant downloads, many off his "Shell Shocked" Dvd.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Online:

MJM Magic :Great Customer Service.
Penguin Magic: Great Prices.
Hocus Pocus: Great specials but what's up with not giving you shipping prices????
Hank Lee: Don't bother.
Elmwood Magic: Another great site.

Offline;

Branson,MO-Small shop, very friendly.
Columbia,MO-Very friendly as well.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Vaughn Ver Steegt
View Profile
New user
Janesville, Iowa
56 Posts

Profile of Vaughn Ver Steegt
Elmwood Magic was one of the first on line stores that I bought from 6 years ago. They are great to work with, frindly and helpful with your questions about their products. I've also used Hocus Pocus, Magic Warehouse, Daytona's and others mainly for the same reasons that many of you have mentioned. It's great to read about what others have experinced with these stores, Thanks for the information.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Quote:
On 2006-04-05 02:59, hypnotize wrote:
Magic4less.com.
Very very cheap.

That's the bate. http://www.magic4less.com are cheats. I ordered from them Magic 4 Less Order #13457 and I have not got anything from them. Not even a mail. Their phone directs you to a voice mail which is full. And Paypal cares less on if you get your refund or not. SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T BUY FROM http://www.MAGIC4LESS.COM
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
http://www.dennymagic.com

Only quality products and something no one else can offer
Denny Haney
Most days Denny is in the shop or you can call and speak to him and few if any come close to his experience, willingness to share

There are a few good magicians in Maryland and magic is more prevalent here than in many other places in the USA .... in a large part it's because of Denny

What makes me really sick/angry/ill is when certain people will go to Denny's for advice....
.....then buy at the Magic Warehouse to save $2

For the pro's and those who know ...... http://www.dennymagic.com
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
MISS J
View Profile
New user
DALLAS, TEXAS
26 Posts

Profile of MISS J
Ebay and Magic etc in fort worth
You have to first believe in magic in order to move others' hearts -

Hi all magic lovers, feel free to pm me to chat Smile
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
I prefer Elmwood because the shipping is faster to me but the prices are much better at Penguin. In fact I find that Penguins prices are pretty much better than everyone but shipping is a very slow to PA.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
We're lucky enough in Wichita to have Stevens Magic Emporium, a world class B&M shop. When people like Copperfield come through town, they stop there. The quality is top notch, because most of their business is selling online to professionals. Go to their Gemini archives and see all the people who have written for them. And read their advice. Plus, Joe and Mark are always great, just to hang out and talk magic. I can't get in and out of there in less than a half hour, even if I'm picking up something quick. They certainly know how to build loyalty. I won't buy anywhere else.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have about ten sites that I use.
if there is a effect that I am going to
puchase.i search them for the lowest price.
sometimes you wouldnt believe the price difference.
I find most of the time penquin and madhatter have
the lowest prices.
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
No B&M shops anywhere near where I live Smile
There was a market stall we used to visit every Sunday, even that's been gone for years.
Without online retailers and eBay I guess I'd be stuck...
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Now that I'm living near hollywood, I have the luxury of going to both the store in Hollywood and the one in Studio City. I like them both, but I really like the vibe of the one in SC.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Walgreens and Home Depot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where do you buy your tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL