The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best of Sanvert DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
There's only 1 thread on this...
was wondering if anyone else has any opinions on these..
thanks
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't think they were very popular.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I thought they were great!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
These set are great.....

I think you can find it the review somewhere in the forum
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
There is definitely some useable material on these dvds although depending on what you're looking for, there may very well be much better dvd sets out there. My favorite dvd is volume 2 which has some nice variations of classic plots like the Cannibal Cards and Twisting the Aces/3 way. Volume 4 has some elegant material as well- his version of the Rollover Aces is one that I would highly recommend if you ever find yourself in the right performance situation.

On the down side, I have to admit not liking Sanvert's performance style very much. He gets billed as a hilarious performer but many times it just seemed to me like he was trying too hard to be funny. Vol 3 is also kind of weak in my humble opinion. He presents only three effects and they all have object to impossible location type plots. Perhaps that's your cup of tea but it certainly isn't mine, although I do admit that his Himber Ring effect is nicely constructed.

In conclusion, I believe this set is worthwhile but not exceptional. If you can find it discounted then I would definitely pick it up.
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Speaking of finding it discounted, madhattermagic is currently selling these dvds ar 14 dollars a volume. That would amount to 56 dollars for the whole set and at that price, I would highly recommend it.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Great stuff on the first DVD for workers.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2006-02-11 21:29, Shikina wrote:
On the down side, I have to admit not liking Sanvert's performance style very much. He gets billed as a hilarious performer but many times it just seemed to me like he was trying too hard to be funny. Vol 3 is also kind of weak in my humble opinion. He presents only three effects and they all have object to impossible location type plots. Perhaps that's your cup of tea but it certainly isn't mine, although I do admit that his Himber Ring effect is nicely constructed.

I found these DVD's to be disappointing for this very reason.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I have learned some of my strongest effects from magicians who have a very different style from the norm. There were a number of uses for moves I already have in my arsenal that made the first DVD a wortwhile buy.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I went and got the first DVD. He's a good magcian. Very good with a crowd. He explans things very well. Nothing earth shattering here, but he did a good job.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-02-23 21:58, MagicChris wrote:
I went and got the first DVD. He's a good magcian. Very good with a crowd. He explans things very well. Nothing earth shattering here, but he did a good job.

I agree. I think you just summed up the whole set. If I had to buy it again, I would.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best of Sanvert DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL