The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy's Russian Roulette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
Hello..

Starting to put this routine together. Does anyone know what type of blank is best (as in loudest) for this effect? .380?

Thanks in advance

Brent
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Hey, Brent:

Please re-consider doing this routine. Cassidy himself no longer performs it after a near-disaster. There are better/safer ways to blow away your audience without risking doing it to yourself.

Bob
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Also, this idea has been done and done again. The shock factor has gone, and no-one seriously believes you're going to blow your brains out in front of them.

Do something cleverier than this.

Snail.
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Hi:

Isn't is Larry Becker who does (did?) the Russian Roulette? Or does Bob Cassidy have a routine as well?

Thanks,
Bennett
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
First of all, thanks for the posts. I am a full time entertainer and have looked into many versions of the RR for several years now (Becker, Cassidy, Fogel, etc) before putting it into my act. I found things I liked and disliked in each routine. While I've kept most of Cassidy's routine, I have added a few touches here and there, and two of them make the effect safer. As far as "the shock factor is gone" I disagree. That is magician talk. Magicians think certain effects are overplayed, and while they may be "to us" they are not to a lay audience. So, again, I have spent a few years researching and am ready to put a version into my show, I just want to see what type of blank ammo is best.
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Well, you need to get the type of blanks that are made for the gun you have!

In other words, if you have a 38 special, than you need 38 blanks......

The exception would be if you have a .357 magnum....you can use either .38 or .357 blanks.

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
If you have a 38, as implied in the first post, then you will want to get a "Half Load" .38 blank. The "Full Load" would be too loud for indoor use.

Michael
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
Earplugs... at close range the sound pressure levels can cause permanent hearing damage.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Anyone here know how to contact Bob, via email. The website in the back of Artful Mentalism doesn't seem to work for me. Doesn't look as though Bob is on the Magic Café, as I have searched and searched. I thought he may have been a special guest in the last few years, but nothing there either.

Any help is most appreciated in contacting Bob. If you could PM me that would be best, as I don't always remember which posts I've visited on here, being there are so many.

Regards...

smitty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy's Russian Roulette (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL