The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland performance video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Does anyone know where I can buy or download a video of Ian Rowlands performances or TV spots?

Having read the cold reading transcripts thought it would be both funny and interesting.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Wow, that was really fast. magicians helping magicians indeed.

Thanks a lot jimtron!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
You really should buy his "Mind Power Lecture" video from his website. I bought it and it's great. I hope you reward his great thinking, by purchasing his materials from him. A very small investment compared to what you receive.

Enjoy,
Sean
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Sean,

I see the video is a 'performance only' video, Does this mean some of the effects are explained in his books?

regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
They are explaned in his lecture notes (which I bought at the same time). They can be found on the magicians only section of Ian's site. I am not sure whether they are in print at the moment or not.

However, I just tried to enter the section and could not (due to some type of error).

I recommend anything Ian sells or recommends on his site...

Sean
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 18:59, magic h2os wrote:
They are explaned in his lecture notes (which I bought at the same time). They can be found on the magicians only section of Ian's site. I am not sure whether they are in print at the moment or not.

However, I just tried to enter the section and could not (due to some type of error).

I recommend anything Ian sells or recommends on his site...

Sean

Ian mentioned that there was a problem with that part of his site, and was on the road so couldn't fix it immediately.
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
Hi Shadowrunner,

Unfortunately neither the lecture notes NOR the video you mention are available at the moment as far as I am aware, although it is my understanding that the video - if not also the lecture notes - will be available again soon.

The access to the Magicians Only Section of the website does seem to be down at the moment, (I just checked also). I believe Ian is back on Monday, so I am sure he will fix the password entry gateway as soon as he is over his initial jet-lag!

As regards his video and lecture notes? Perhaps you could email him direct? - I am sure he could give you a far better indication of the current position, and, a far more accurate answer than I could on that. His email is Ian@Ianrowland.com.

Hope that helps in the interim!

Best,

*Magical Lady*
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Lecture video also appears to be available here:
http://www.skeptic.com/Merchant2/merchan......ry_Code=
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Alpha series lecture notes are on ebay
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Thanks magical lady - will email ian direct. Feel I should buy from him if I can.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Ian mentioned to me that the Mind Power video will soon be available on DVD, so you might want to wait for that.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The Rowland video, which was recorded at his lecture for the Skeptics Society several years ago, can be ordered directly from them, as either a DVD or an audio tape.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Thanks, Doug.

I wonder if Mr. Rowland will sell this DVD with special features available only through his website? I may wait until he sells it... nice to support guys like him directly. Wish I could get my hands on the Blackpool Lecture Notes...
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 18:47, howdoidisconnect wrote:
I see the video is a 'performance only' video, Does this mean some of the effects are explained in his books?
regards
steve

I think you'll find Steve that he doesn't do anything on the film that a working mentalist wouldn't know. That is NOT meant to be disparaging (I don't think he would claim any different).
The film is excellent as is his presentation. There were rumblings at the time that he shouldn't have said that it was all a trick to his audience(poor paraphrasing I'm sure) but that's a totally different argument. Obviously Ian Rowland is completely true to himself and that has to be applauded.

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 18:59, Waters wrote:
They are explaned in his lecture notes (which I bought at the same time)...

Not exactly true.

The design duplication explained on lecture notes is not the same routine that he used in the VHS of his show.

I suspect that it has something to do with the device he used during the reading.

This was the only "down side" to the VHS, at the time I bought the VHS I was looking into design gaffs, and his, as shown on the VHS was one of the cleanest bits of work that I've seen.

It's a good video, it'd be even better if it was converted to DVD.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Ian kindly gave me a whole series of video snippets from his past shows - TV and performance, with snippets lifted from loads of different TV interviews and so on. I have yet to burn it on to DVD - there is some GREAT stuff on it. Now, if somebody came up with the right figure - I still wouldn't part with it! (Please don't PM me - it ain't gonna happen!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland performance video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL