The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jealous of Americans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mightyred75
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of mightyred75
I know the vast majority of people on this site are Americans and you seem to have all the best magic shops and conventions. I live in Manchester in England and the magic community is near enough none existent. Imagine my jealousy everytime I visit the US to see magic shops left,right and centre. I have got 3 visits planned to the US this year and I was wondering if there are any must see things concerning magic (especially coin magic). I am in Clearwater Beach, Florida at the start of July for two weeks, New York end of September start of October and Las Vegas, Nevada start of October.
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
Gee, where's a guy gonna find a decent magic act in Vegas? Smile

http://tinyurl.com/rcnp9

See, now you've got an American envying you! Enjoy, my friend...

Regards,

-jjg
Edith
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
131 Posts

Profile of Edith
I am jealous, too. I'd love to have a BJ's here (the store!) and some other stores like an outlet mall to get some decent clothing or a Wegmans where I can shop 24/7. It would be also very nice to have some american hairdressers over here. I found that they do a much better job.
And guess what: You Englishman have much more literature to choose from that you can read... and understand...

Edith
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Head on over to Daytona Beach on the east coast of Florida and visit Daytona Magic Shop. http://www.daytonamagic.com They have a huge collection of coin magic and gaffs as well as card magic, books and DVDs. It's a must see before you leave Florida. I do quite a bit of business there and the atmosphere is very friendly. Harry Allen (the owner and a great magician to boot) will set you up. Cheers!
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
If your in new york city then you may want to visite tannens magic shope in manhatten for adress see http://www.tannens.com in las vegus you can stop by denny and lees magic shop.
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Definitely http://www.mondaynightmagic.com in NYC

Café' Edison, Hotel Edison all friday 2:00pm
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I wish we had half as much magic on the "telly" as they do across the pond!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I had moved to Florida about 8 month now and I have no time to visit any Magic shops out here, Daytona Magic is 3 hours away and I don’t have time to visit them, when I was in New York City I would be at Tannens Magic Shop a few times a Month. Now here in Florida I have been buy new magic effects from Magic shops on the web but do use the Café to check what other magicians think about the new effects.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Daoist
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
19 Posts

Profile of Daoist
I live in Taiwan, and I've found the magic community to be quite small. However, with access to the internet, a few decks of cards, some coins, and millions of unsuspecting civilians, I have all the magic I need! A teacher would be nice, though...
I'm...I'm just not feeling STRONG right now...

Uri Geller, 1973, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Tell me about it! it looks like I am the only lebanese who perform magic, have some israeli magis, too bad politics wont allow us to visit each other (we can face the death penalty lol), I was lucky enough to meet a tunisian magician living in the states!!! as for magic shops....the only magic shop around here are at Virgin megastore, wich is barely a stand selling Svengali stripper decks, TT, D'lites and some sponge balls!!!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I know the feeling...
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
191 Posts

Profile of Cheety
We got zero magic stores in Sri lanka. so we gotta work dat much more
Mostly Harmless ^_^
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
I guess I really did'nt realize how good we have it here in the States...the old adage: "you don't miss the water till the well runs dry" is apropos here. I feel for those who have the desire but have next to nothing to draw upon. But compared to world hunger and homelessness it pales in comparison.
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I wish we had magic at all on TV. americans are soooo lucky .most of them don't see it.
I am *** jealous.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jealous of Americans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL