The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Closing effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
Hello. This time I like to talk a little about closers. Since I don't work only in theater environment with assistands etc, and I have different kinds of shows I like your opinion for closers for the solo performances.

Solo acts can be done on stage or sometimes at different environment like surounded, parks etc. A major factor is to be lightweight and easy to transport.

- 6 doves cage vanish I think is a great closer. it play very nice to music and can be performed anywhere.

- stool levitation is good closer too. (a negative factor is that it need stage to be performed since the angles are very strict.)

- Floading table is a good closer too. it place very nice to music and also is an amazing effect that can give a good climax as a closer.

- I belive zombie ball can be used as a closer too.(great when you carry a small bag to the show.)

- chair suspension is a good closer for kids show where at the end you levitade the birthday kid.(What I don't like is that you need a helped for this effect and in my opinion is best to be alone on "stage" when you close the show.)

QUESTION: What other effects do you think is good for a closer for the solo performance? Please help me in the proces of brainstorming. I am mostly interested for closers that can be used almost in any environment BUT IF U FAVE SOME GOOD IDEAS FOR STAGE LET ME KNOW TOO.
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Costume Changes! They can be tricky, but some of them are very simple. Some can even be done surrounded depending on the cover you use. Infact, I just read yesterday in Magic Magazine about a couple who's finale was a no cover costume change! They work well everywhere!

Derek Merdinyan
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I guess the couple you're talking about is David and Dania. Here's their website. http://www.costumechange.com/#intro
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Silvernail
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Silvernail
Yes, that's a cool costume change! I like a girl production from a S*** b***. they can play anywere when you use a cloth that has wires in it so it covers all 4 sides.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I would say make yourself vanish. Don't bother with a curtain call, just leave them wanting more. (Just make sure you've been paid before the show, though Smile )
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I would consider a vanish not to be closer material, it ends on a downer, the objects gone and... no and, it's over.

Levitations are also more mid-material, they're just not strong enough to end on.
You should use your best material to finish on, and your second best to open.

The finale's that people will remember are the huge and pretty productions. Butterfly's, snow-storm in China, or if you don't have a broom, then a large production prop or two, 6' silk...

If you don't do productions (why are you on the manip page?) then a restoration is 2nd choice.

Paul
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Not all great closers are suitable for all environment. It would be great if you could first indentify the different environment you will be performing most of the time.

Then select those that meet the environmental challenges such as angle problems, back stage setting up problems, closed or open environmental challenges, etc.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I personally find my self agreeing with James Tong a lot these days. It does depend on the environment. The closing is one of the most important parts of any magic show as well as the opening.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Closing effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL