The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Need Help Getting Started (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I am just starting to learn this craft. Got a balloon pump for $5, a bag of 260Q's for about $8, and a DVD called Balloon Magic Made Easy for about $12. Managed to learn how to do my first balloon dog after "blowing up" just a couple of balloons! Smile

By the way, the balloon websites you may want to go to are:

http://www.balloonhq.com

http://www.tmyers.com

Hope this information helps!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Hmmm great plug but I didn't give the info. Responsive Marketing or just stupid?

DVD is $24.99 +5 S&H USA $10-$15 overseas

BEST You can order directly thru me PayPal to fla-byrne@tampabay.rr.com
BETTER http://stores.ebay.com/Devotion-Pictures
GOOD go to T Meyers, Larocks Magic, or Murphy's Magic and request it from your local magic shop.

Either way I don't think you will be disappointed.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Jimmagic
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Jimmagic
I would go for books rather than dvd that make me sleepy most of the time. Go for advance rather than easy scuptures and try to search for this guy Palloncini Nuove. I would recommend his book for any level. Good Luck!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Did you not read Marks "Responsive Marketing" email? He was very clear in saying .....
"[they] have done the impossible... a balloon DVD you won’t fall asleep watching!! From the opening sequence to the last sculpture, they guarantee you will be impressed."

I have not seen the whole DVD but from watching the video clip on YouTube I can say if it is similar to the demo then it does look very entertaining. I love the music and the style. I have a video by David De-Val (not ballooning in any way) and it is REALLY dry and dull. But has all the info I need so I try to take it all in. But I think that if the rest of the DVD is like the demo on YouTube then WOW you have done a great job.

I really like the DVD clip on You tube and think you have done a great job! If you want I will write you a very positive review of the DVD just as soon as I receive my complimentary copy! LOL. But seriously PM me for my address and a contract for reviews of complimentary DVDs I wont be bought or bribed (well not much).

I will go and raid my piggy bank now…….. all the best.

Dave
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hi gangsters, I posted a review of Bad To The Balloon in the DVD section where they have....reviews.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
If you like books, I would suggest Captain Visual's Big Book Of Balloon Sculpturing. (T Myers carries it ... along with tons of other balloon books, dvd's, and supplies.) The book takes you from the simple figure through the intermediate with balloon characters, hats, etc. It is easy to follow and as far as I'm concerned, a must have. I would also suggest that you go to the T. Myers website and read his revues on the various instructional dvd's and books that he carries. Take what he says very literally. If he says that there are 2 excellent figures on a dvd, it generally means just that .. 2. The others may be nothing special. You can also call T Myers. Their phone people are very knowledgeable about their stock, and they can tell you what's been moving off their shelves and getting good revues.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Need Help Getting Started (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL