The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Docc Hilfords Book of Numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
These books sound like they have some killer effects in them. Would anybody care to give a review?
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm pretty curious too. I've just about bought every Number/Mathemagical book out there these last couple of years. Does this contain anything new? My daughter and I have had some fun with these routines on the Magic Café. Are these fun too?
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Sorry that this is off the subject -
but I'm attending a lecture/workshop by Doc and would like an idea of the best stuff he sells.
The guys usually turn up with piles of dvd's and books and I can't buy them all !!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Buy this new stuff and let us know how it is.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I'm even thinking about getting these. Only problem is that I know how much Docc tends to sensationalize all of his descriptions.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Sometimes quite a bit.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
David_a_whitehead, said he'd put a review up for these soon. Can't wait.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I've already sold my copies because I need the money for other ventures I am looking at. However, I can say that if you liked Docc's other stuff you will love these books. They come with more tricks than his other books of equivalent price. They are NOT books about number calculations etc (like Busch's Number...Please etc.) These books contain effects that have to do with numbers for example, serial bill diviniations, other money effects, phone directory tests etc. Hope that clears some stuff up. I found a lot of very practical information within the pages of the books. Some stuff I would definitely not use. Others I would use to suit my presentation. Once again though I think he really shines in the stuff he calls Real-Time Mentalism. Effects that I particularly liked include Bartender's Nightmare, Crystal Vision, In-nile-lation, Tempest, Devil Dice, Her Number and Three Sided Brain.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Thanks david
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
David if you wouldnt mind, providing some thoughts on those individual effects you enjoyed would be nice.

Practicality, impromptu, accurately described, etc.

thanks
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see another person has purchased, and then is quickly selling these (On the Café). What's up?
Dave
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Any other opinion?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
In the book of numbers 1 docc mentions in the intro that with 'real time mentalism', you can leave your NW and other props at home, then the first effect uses a NW... hmmm.
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Pcm,

That's actually the fly page. If you keep reading, the Introduction explains that not every trick in the series of over 20 effects can all be Real Time Mentalism, and why the ones requiring simple props are included.

Read on my friend. It's fun and enlightening.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Docc Hilfords Book of Numbers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL