The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chinese choice by john archer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can someone please describe he effect of this, I am very interested but the description is a bit vague?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Real nice routine with a very cute patter line. Similar in idea to Szechuan Sampler but less work. I am not going to give the presentation, just the bare bones here.
Three spectators are brought on stage. You have one chinese menu. You have 9 cards each with a number 1 through 9. You hand each spectator 3 cards. Two spectators give you a digit at a time to create three two digit numbers. You total their value to get a money amount which the three gentlemen have to spend. The third spectator totals his three cards to get a number to correspond to an item number on the menu. The value of the choosen item equals the exact dollar total from the first 2 spectators.
The method is simple and well known, but the patter presentation ( which I didn't give you) and blow off punchline make this a solid killer effect.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Is this on his dvd's or a stand alone marketed effect?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of archini
Hi Guys,

This is at the moment just on The DVD. However I do believe that Peter Nardi at Alakazam is going to put it out as a sepperate item soon. (Dollar and Pound versions!) I believe that it will include a stage and pocket walk around 3 fold version. Peter Nardi at Alakazam should have info soon, I think he is still recovering from carrying all his money back from Blackpool. ;-)
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
It is still listed as available to buy at TVMagic:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product......52b03619
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
John,

Loved your dvd. Best I've seen for a while.

Do you know when your Medallion trick will be available? Can't find Room Service anywhere.

I spent an hour trying to make one with magnets and everything, but it looks crap.

Best,
James
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
Any review yet ? Thanks
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of archini
Hi,

Yup TV magic sell the version I use and sell. With regards to Room Service I believe that Don Wayne does not manufacture it anymore, though you may still find a few around? Alakazam should be manufacturing 'Collard' very soon. Drop an email to Peter Nardi at Alakazam and he may be able to enlighten you on the release.

Cheers,

john.
rohff
View Profile
New user
Paris
14 Posts

Profile of rohff
Hi,
I developed my own version with a real menu and it can be repeated for the same audience.
Send me a Pm if you want more details...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chinese choice by john archer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL