The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Strictly speaking not a review BUT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
It seems to me this is a perfect place to ask a question and/ or get some insight.

Without naming names and ***ing the ***ed... have you every bought an item from a dealer, hated it for whatever reason, and let the dealer know so.

If so- did that dealer do anything to manage to keep your business?

If not- What would they have had to do to keep your busines?

The reasons I ask are: A- as a dealer, I want to know what customers expect. B- As a consumer, I see a lot of reviews on this and other forums that are more based on opinion or expectation- (Ie- So and so hated this effect, while so and so thought it was the best thing they ever bought. In those cases, it's usuaully not the prop or the item supplied- but the expectation of the purchaser- or possibly the ad.) so, I am curious in those cases how it was handled or how you would expect it handled.

Of course I know this is an odd business, one where often once you bought it- you're stuck. But, I know that back in the old days when Irving Tannen was still alive, I bought a few stinkers (Still listed in their web site today) that when I explained rationally WHY I felt the way I did... Tannen's made good on them. Of course I also had history with them as a reputable customer- and I think that also counts for something.

So, maybe this bit of philosophy is better hashed out in a different forum, but everyone here has opinions and reads the reviews- so I'd rather like to hear YOUR thoughts and experience regarding what it was like to be a dis-satisfied customer, and how it was handled or how you would have liked it handled.

Again- I encourage diplomacy in this discussion, especially if the entire thing is water under a bridge from years ago.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Strictly speaking not a review BUT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL