The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card In Wallet (I know...again!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Has anybody ever prepared a list of all the different wallets out there, listing their capabilities, drawbacks, versatilities, prices and so on?

Yes, I have used the search function and there is thread after thread of conflicting advice and opinions and I am bewildered.

I have been using Peter Marucci's method ("Any Time Card To Wallet") with a lot of success (thanks Peter!) but I'm now looking for a method that is even cleaner at the end.

Oh dear, I now realise this post has become a "which card to wallet should I buy?" but it wasn't meant to! ANyway, now you've read this far, here are my criteria:
1. Palming's OK
2. Rapid reset required for walkaround (so no sealed envelopes etc)
3. Not too huge, no cheque-book ("A cheque-book? How quaint!")
4. Capability for Dream Card (Ortiz) would be nice but not essential
5. NOt masively expensive, if possible.

Thanks!!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Try searching for wallet topics written by Harry Murphy. His knowledge and insights are first-rate and thorough. I thinks he has test driven just about every wallet out there.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
I've found the Real Man's Wallet to be very good. It meets all your criteria. Though it's been a while, I do remember finagling the handling of Dream Card to make it work with the wallet (the clear window presented a challenge for Darwin's original handling. If you end up getting the wallet, let me know and I'll see if I can find my notes on the Dream Card.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I LOVE the kaps on fire wallet.

I removed the fire making gimmick, but the kept the magnets inside so I know hoave a fairly small kaps wallet (with zipper) a fully functional wallet, AND a hidden area to store gimicks, packet tricks, small horses, whatever.

my vote goes for a gutted kaps on fire wallet.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Funny but Marucci's method seems to fit the bill.
Most, if not all, methods will require you to get a card out at some point anyway.

I doubt I can help but is there other criteria others should know about?

Like, would you want the wallet to be in sight the whole time?

Do you want to remove the wallet from pocket, pull the card (w/ back showing) from the wallet and instantly show the face without bringing the card to the deck?

How about opening the wallet and there's the card in a photo window?
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Ross,
Try to get "Card to Wallet - The Book" by Jerry Mentzer. You'll find detailed explanations for the most prevalent types of gaffed wallets on the market as well as dozens of complete routines and presentations with them. This book should keep you busy for a while.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Uli beat me to it.

The "CARD TO WALLET THE BOOK" by Jerry Mentzer is halfway down the page here:
http://www.magicmethodsonline.com/cbooks.html
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I too recommend the Card to Wallet Book whihc inlcudes many methods with an ungimmicked, regular wallet. It is a wonderful reference book that deserves to be on everyones book shelf.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
That's the one! thanks fellas!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card In Wallet (I know...again!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL