The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Surgery in a Trance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
A patient is to have a hernia operation live on TV - without anaesthetic.Instead the patient will be hypnotised to prevent them from feeling pain. Hypnosurgery Live will be broadcast next month on digital channel More4.
The two-hour primetime special is billed as a serious scientific investigation into the possibility of using hypnosis as an alternative to anaesthetic in surgery..The show is "aimed to stimulate public and professional debate".

Howard
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Having done a full C-section birth with one of my clients - by phone - without any anesthesia - this isn't anything all that special. In point of fact, it's done practically every day. However, it should make for good public relations for hypnosis. When is it going to be on and where?

Also, will the herniaectomy be done laproscopically? If so, that's really no big deal as all it entails are three small holes, as opposed to the larger incisions that used to be done prior to the development of this technique, which is now pretty much the standard.

In fact, I recently had my appendix out using a laproscopic surgical technique on a Tuesday and was able to perform my hypnosis show that Saturday.

No dis to the show's producers or the hypnotist, but hernia surgery isn't all that much of a muchness compared to a C-section. It sounds like they could have done better.

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lee I was going to use you as an example but you beat me to the punce.

Don't you also have an oral surgery story that you would like to share with the class? Not as invasive but quite painfull!!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Yep. Root canal on a live tooth. No pain meds at all. Then, halfway through, the tooth disintegrated and they had to remove it. Again, no pain meds at all.

The oral surgeon was IM-pressed, to say the least.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
(who maybe should contact the people doing this show...)
;)
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank you for sharing. See the wonderfull memory I have?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Mr. Darrow, I have three words for you...

.....HOLY SMOKESTACKS BATMAN! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Surgery in a Trance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL