The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Watch this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bogdaiki
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
42 Posts

Profile of bogdaiki
This kid is amazing - in my opinion better then Blaire or Copperfield. What is he using for his coin tricks - a bat or what?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c5waeVu9JzE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mGYaRtTIq2I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQKDTcMLRUc
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I'm not so sure about that. hes just using basic stuff. not to say that basic stuff isn't good but I don see anything tht would make him better than those of who you speak
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ugh...
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 21:08, Jordini wrote:
Ugh...

Agreed...
bogdaiki
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
42 Posts

Profile of bogdaiki
Well sodman - Blaire is just doing a raven routine on some kid in a long sleeve coat. this guy vanishes a coin in short sleeves and there's clearly no signs of raven. why is Blaire better then him?... I'm just trying to understand, I don't even know the guy, just found him today through a another post.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Not sure what ugh means. I just watched a couple of downloads. I thought it looked pretty good. The Middle of Nowhere stuff certainly doesn't seem like basic sleights to me. I did think his posture and hand positioning were a bit odd. And the fact that he never makes the coin reappear makes me think it's a bunch of one shots. I feel like I've seen the Lost vanish before. Pretty obvious what's going on, but still looks pretty good. However when it comes to this type of stuff, I don't think Copperfield and Blaine should be the bar.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Just looked at the Deterioration video. I've seen that before by Tim. I think he has it for sale. I think it looks great, but I'd bet it's a fairly elaborate set-up. My guess is it's something along the lines of "Fickle Nickel."
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
It's definitely a whole set-up IMO. But looks wise, I don't think anybody will disagree: it does look great.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
bogdaiki
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
42 Posts

Profile of bogdaiki
Yes a whole set up - but I can't figure out what he's using. A m****t for sure, but how, where?
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 23:15, bogdaiki wrote:
Yes a whole set up - but I can't figure out what he's using. A m****t for sure, but how, where?

Not a m****t. I think Platt pretty much has the idea...

Brandon
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
The

Quote:
Ugh

was for all of "Tim's" videos. He has about 9000 tricks he came up with and posted videos of, and I'm not a fan. They are mostly one time coin vanishes or card changes that look "ok" but there is no substance, no routine, nothing. Ok for one time web clips, but I doubt most of that stuff would really work in actual performance situations.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I like it, but agree it's probably along the lines of the Fickle Nickel, which obviously has a lot of angle issues to worry about and requires some prep work. I use it myself on occasion though, so I'm biased.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
As for the clip. I won't say it's bad, but you can tell he's not a "professional" magician. But professional, I don't mean literally "pays for his food", I mean he is amaeture. Listen to the presentation. Notice how many pro performers have crap presentations too. BESIDES THE POINT.

Do you need to be a good painter to critique a painting? Does a good reader nessesarily have to be a good writer? They are related skills/arts, but not the same. In fact, a layman, when shown two performers, would probably be able to guess which person is more experienced. I mean, if people can't tell the skillful and the skill-less (excuse me, I mean LESS skillful), then what's the point of being more experienced?
Neophyte.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Watch this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL