The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Close-up Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
Hi there. I'm thinking to include one of the available levitations to my parlour, close-up and walk around performances and I'm asking for the most practical one which is on the market.

Thanks in advance.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
"The most practicle one on the market" for the close-up venue is not for sale and will blow people away if you only do it once and make sure you have your angle protected. Bozo the Clown showed all the kids in America how to do it about 35-40 years ago and if you do it once and fairly quickly it can be the highlight of your show!

Just like the latest clown to do it on TV.

Dave
JoJo41
View Profile
New user
Honolulu, HI
46 Posts

Profile of JoJo41
I like Loughran's ELEVATOR, mostly because it's so ridiculously simple and because I'm a huge guy and it's the one that can work for huge guys! I got mine from Hocus Pocus.
webbandit2000
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of webbandit2000
I usually do Corey Kings King Rising because it's impromptu. http://www.ellusions.com

It looks a lot like the balducci to the spectator though I don't know if they can tell the real difference.

The ultimate trick is to combine that one with this one http://www.downloadmagic.com/downloadmagic.shtml

Someone did that at our club and it was the talk of the meeting for months.

Smile Smile

web
kilgourpower
View Profile
New user
London
72 Posts

Profile of kilgourpower
Peter Loughrans The Elevator is a fantastic levitation device,you begin and end clean and it looks like real magic.You can even levitate barefoot,the gimmick is well made and should last a lifetime.A bit pricey but worth investing in. Smile
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I have the Zero Gravity manuscript, and I downloaded the King Rising Video. Now I'm 37 dollars poorer (20 for the former, 17 for the latter). Both are great if you want to spend a day creating the gimmick (Zero Gravity) or have just the right viewing angle (King Rising). I'm not knocking either as both have stengths. It's just that I'm using neither for the reasons mentioned.

My question is, would I use Elevator? I do a lot of kid shows and some walk around. I'd pay $99 if it is practical, but don't want to spend another cent on a self levitation trick that I won't actually be using (having been in magic 30+ years, I'm not a curiosity seeker, I want practical stuff I can use and not worry much about).
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Dave,
Please tell me what is the Levitation that was taught by Bozo 40 years ago.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
I would imagine it would be the classic clown stunt, the known today as the Balducci.
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
What about Fearson's floatation? Not the one in the crate, the one with two feet in the air. I know how it works,but how does it look? I saw the video, but I also saw the "king rising" video & got dooped. It looks good, but it's a "t.v." trick...that's just how I feel but I need to know how it "really" looks
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
For anyone looking :
the video of the Fearson's Floation is at this link:

http://www.fantasticfloatation.com/

(scroll down )

I would also worry about how practical it is . Seems like more of a publicity stunt type of trick ........ do it once on a TV spot to promote your show or something . There is still the whole "why hold a jacket in front of your legs ?" issue.
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
About the Fearsons flotation I prefer the method ron jaxon uses looks more clean and I believe its more practical aswell . check his video on magic video depot
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Indrid cold; Thanks for the reply
Sniper: Do you have a link where I can view Ron Jaxon?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Try this link for the Ron Jaxon video of Fearson's Floatation:

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/search.ph......pe=basic

(You may need to be a member and logged on to Magic Video Depot
to access the page )

I agree that Ron Jaxon's presentation is the best I've seen on this . Notice how he seems to let his jacket just hang casually down . It doesn't telegraph "covering up something sneaky" ......... looks like he is simply holding his jacket and it is hanging down naturally .
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
The broom flight looks just like Fearson's, but you may not be able to work it into your act. You can get it in Andrew Mayne's Touching Sky book, or his DVD, Wizard School.
M kid
View Profile
New user
magic
2 Posts

Profile of M kid
King rising is the best simply because both feet realy do go of the ground and its a levitaton that could be performed with out any set up before hand. can be performed any where any time
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hello Pavlo,
I would say, try the "Easy-float", but of course I would, since I'm the inventor...You'll love it!
Check out the post for it at: Tricks & Effects "Float-ease-A new levitation"
Gerard
ime
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ime
Ive heard of the easy float but could you explain the effect and how the performer stands. also what site can I see the easy float at.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Close-up Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL