The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Any examples of the Kruskal count? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
The example below is word based but I assume this principle could apply to numbers, cards and objects. Anyone know of other instances of this principle in action?

Example:
Below are the first three verses of the Book of Genesis. Start on any of the ten words in the first verse. Count the number of letters in that word. Now jump forward that same number of words e.g. if you started on the second word 'the' move forward to 'created'. Count the number of letters in the new word you are on. Jump forward again that number of words. Repeat this process until you reach a word in verse 3.

V1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth.

V2. And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

V3. And God said, 'Let there be light', and there was light.

My prediction:
You're with the Almighty.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
It sounds rather convoluted to me. It seems to me that there are easier ways to force cards and objects.

Charles Spector Smile
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
There is a good account of the Kruskal Count in one of Martin Gardner's books but it is more of theoretical interest. The most practical examples I've seen (three of them) are im Jim Steimeyer's "Impuzzibilities". The Clock Trick is particularly good.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Any examples of the Kruskal count? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL