The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon School (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
I truely enjoyed this dvd and while it's definitely not all inclusive and could use a few more hats, I thought it was very good and it had some balloons and advice I had not seen/heard before.
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
I received Balloon School from Penguin in a promo and I really liked it. I had never thought of getting into Balloons before, but this opened my eyes to doing something that is truly enjoyable. I will probably never do this for money or tips, but it is nice to make some animals when younger family members come over.

I think Joe is a fairly good teacher.Sometimes I think he moved too quick with the moves and it was a pain to keep rewinding every two seconds to just get a general idea of what he just did. I don't think it is worth the $50.00 it sells for. Maybe $30.00 or $40.00 tops. I wouldn't purchase this unless you get it in a promo or used.
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
As usual there is no major right or wrong answer. I own all of the DVDs/videos that have been discussed. I started with Tricky the clown, later balloon school, and I own all of Buster’s stuff (except his new one) and Grist videos, plus others. It a learning process, I cherish my Caldwell DVDs the most, but if it weren’t for tricky the clown and some books I purchased I would not be prepared for Don’s material. Don’s DVDs take you to another level just like Eugene Burger asks you to take your magic tricks to a higher level of art.

T. Myers does a good job of reviewing the DVDs his opinions have always been honest and accurate.
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
Quote:
On 2006-03-27 00:20, Steve V wrote:
I started with a $12 tape made by a clown. Found at most places they sell balloon supplies, I think it was Tricky The Clown.
Steve V

Just a bit of trivia for ya, Tricky the Clown in those Balloon DVDs is actually magician Joe Lefler, (as in Lefler cases), the most popular style magic cases used by magicians today! I own 2!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon School (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL