The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Calling Card by Rodger Lovins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Has anyone got this
is this a true description of the effect?
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
any advice...?
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
There is a post on this already. Should be a couple of pages down or do a search.
Cheers
me
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
I have done a search - couldn't find much
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
samuelchan501
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of samuelchan501
This is the best trick I recently purchased, it fools many lay audiences. Just now I did it to a friend and he screamed out loud "Oh my God!" in the restaurent. I have done it to several people since I got this trick and everyone's reaction is great ! Highly recommend !
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
The effect itself is a clever idea, but I have found you have to be very careful not to expose the gimmick. I have had a couple people notice the gimmick even when I tried to let them only get a glimpse of the picture. If you can pull it off it is a good effect.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I wonder if there is a way to modify the phone so that the gimmick is under the display screen. Any ideas? Please don't go breaking your phone open with a hammer and then try and glue it back together before sending me a complaint Smile
samuelchan501
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of samuelchan501
Quote:
On 2006-03-30 11:46, jimesw wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to modify the phone so that the gimmick is under the display screen. Any ideas? Please don't go breaking your phone open with a hammer and then try and glue it back together before sending me a complaint Smile

Oh that's what I did to my phone, but I didn't do it intentionally, my display glass was worn out before so I put the gimmick under it and glued back the glass. Hope I am not exposing it so much...
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
All,
If anyone is interested, I have this for sale at a reduced rate in the "effects for sale" section.

Cheers,
Sean
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I have seen this trick and know its workings...why would you mess with the display glass??? I have a v3 and it works great on these phones. All the heat is on the display when you end the trick....I think this is where crowd management comes into play....this trick may be better for some as a closer to their table hopping session for that reason.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I just think it would be great if you could hand the person the phone and have no fear of the person figuring it out. I agree with your point about good spectator management.
For anyone who has this in the UK, what phone do you have that works well with this trick? I need to buy a new phone anyway.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I just got mine and the gimmick is too small for my O2 PDAphone. Any suggestion ?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Indomagic:

I PM'd you.

Ron
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
It is very interesting that NOt ONE of you, not even Steve, commented on the TERRIBLE instructions. Hey, I thought the times were gone when the "use your favorite method" excuse was used to get around explaining the proper way to do things.

While he does not say that in those exact words, the two key parts of the effect are in how the card is known and how it changes blank and that is all summed up in ONE sentence.

Know I know some techniques so did not need further instruction but I am NOT a card guy so it would have been nice to learn how the creator changes the card.

So what if the inventor knows the these sleights, they should never assume their customer knows a method or even HAS A FAVORITE METHOD.

Also the photo on the cover of the trick is misleading and implies a look that is not what you will be able to do with what is supplied. In this modern age one can take the idea alter it to his photo.

As for the problems you all have with the gimmick, PM me for a thought I had. THere is something I use all the time in normal use that might help.

Has anyone thought up a way to be able to get them a copy of the image? Steve had a good Post production idea but I wonder if there is something else that could be done.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Its hard to get the pic of the card aligned properly...any tips?
ryanalewis
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ryanalewis
I just dragged this out of the dust of my draw.

I noticed the gimmicks width will not work well with my Blackberry, which is very wide. The line separators of each gimmick are a problem if you what I mean.

Any tips?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Calling Card by Rodger Lovins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL