The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Caveat emptor, shmemptor » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Wondering if there is a place for those selling items to note "buyers" who run them around and around and then say, "Uh, no thanks."

For example, I have posted some items for sale - I need the money after my surgery. Two people have said yes to items, then said they would pay when they got back from a trip. Two weeks later they won't even reply to PM's or direct email messages. (There PMs have been read.)

This is the smallest, minutest fraction of all the great members, but the most annoying, aggravating, time consuming......And others have inquired about the items and been told they are sold or on hold, so it is irksome for them, too.

A Magic Café better business bureau? Nah! Is there any place to post such things - without being nasty, of course.
You have to give it away to keep it.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sorry, no there isn't. The let's make a deal policy of caveat emptor applies to both buyers and sellers. The only suggestion I could make is to put a time limit on the sale. In other words, when someone says yes and it goes on hold, limit the wait time to 1 or 2 days, then put it back up. Other than that, there's not much else that can be done.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Caveat emptor, shmemptor » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL