The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Puzzled by Bob Cassidy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I don't get it ... I'm also puzzled by Bob Cassidy....
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
Instead of doing it with a particular country, why not use a map of the world? I think it would work very well with Cassidy's method.
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
That's a good suggestion, I have just ordered this so only nine left now.

I am looking forward to getting the product - I find it sad that a supplier does not put contact details on his web site.

I own a web shop selling here in Australia - My address and Mobile number is displayed on the front page. I have nothing to hide - Cone on Bob put your contact address or an e mail URL we wont bite your head off
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
It came within 12 Hours, as advertised and an excellent concept.

Thank you Bob

All I need now is to get the puzzles, I would appreciate any suggestions for alternatice puzzles
Spasm
View Profile
New user
Hiding beneath your bed.
18 Posts

Profile of Spasm
It's fairly obvious that opinions vary widely on the efficiencies of Mr. Cassidy's order fulfillment. I can say that I have personally ordered numerous e-books from his site and the longest that I have ever had to wait to receive them has been 48 hours. Having said that, I have never purchased an item from his site that requires actual physical shipment, and from what I've read, that seems to be the primary cause of the complaints listed above.

What is not in doubt, however, is the overall quality of Bob's work. It is a shame that some members here might be persuaded to avoid purchasing from his site simply because his level of customer service appears to be inconsistent. I too have been burned by other companies in the past and I realize how frustrating it can be when there is little or no communication on the seller's behalf.

Let's hope that whatever has been the cause of these mistakes in the past, has been solved and the level of customer service will eventually rise to match the high quality of his work.
All spelling and grammatical errors are strictly for entertainment purposes only
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
As I am looking to do this effect (Mine arrived after only about 4 hours in the e-mail). I want a different style map than those seen. I plan to take some light plywood, and a desired image, and attack it with a small jigsaw. Once the bits are cut, and a bit of smoothing the edges, and painting, it will be unlike the mass produced ones.
Just a thought for those who are having trouble finding the puzzle style mentioned.
One could even use heavy chipboard- that gray cardboard from the back of tablets that many kids puzzles are made from anyway!
If you are not inclined to work with tools yourself, consider a visit to the local High School woodshop class.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Spasm
View Profile
New user
Hiding beneath your bed.
18 Posts

Profile of Spasm
Now I am intrigued . . . what kind of custom map were you planning on using?
All spelling and grammatical errors are strictly for entertainment purposes only
absolute novice
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of absolute novice
Sounds like a great effect. I have two questions (and please disregard if an answer would expose the method):

1. Does the puzzle have to be a map or can it be a picture as well?
2. Can I determine which piece is missing?

I am asking to be able to determine whether the effect fits with the other stuff I am doing. Thank you in advance.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Is it still possible to obtain "puzzled"?

greetz
Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Why don't you ask Bob Cassidy?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
LOL
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
I purchased Puzzled from Bob Cassidy just a few weeks ago with no problems at all. My experience has been that as long as you are buying his old material he delivers. It's the new stuff he lists that you won't get. Twice during the past 3 months I have purchased 5 for 50 e-books from him and got them with reasonable promptness. I am still waiting for the gimmick he was supposed to send with The Heathen Devices last year.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Thanks for your infos... Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
I went to the website and didn't see anything. Is it still possible to buy this?

If yes, where?

thanks
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Quote:
On 2006-08-31 16:28, MojoMagic wrote:
Thanks for the link Chicane. Even with this, it still took me a good twenty minutes to track down this particular puzzle on the site, which doesn't necessarily say much about my searching skills. Having finally found it, I just wanted to provide everyone with the direct link to this puzzle.

http://www.unclesgames.com/product_info......._id/1038

You really can't beat this one for the price.

Thanks for this information. I was really wondering what kind of puzzle people were using.

The problem with this kind of puzzle is that to me it looks a little bit "childish". So I´m looking for for other "puzzle possibilities", so any help is greatly appreciated.

Carsten
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Puzzled by Bob Cassidy (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL