The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Versatile Monte and Beyond... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey,

I'm seriously thinking about picking this DVD up!! It teaches you how to make custom playing cards right from your computer utilizing an ink-jet or laser printer!!

http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/product......309855AF

A review for this porduct would be great!!

Thanks
-Vinnie
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Vinnie,

I thought that this was a very informative DVD. Mark seems to have thought of everything in discussion how to print your own custom playing cards including how to get them aligned and able to be printied on your printer. And, as a demonstration as to how versatile such specialy printed cards can be, Mark also includes a quick 3-card monte demonstrataion using cards he had printed up specially for a "special occasion" situation.

IMHO, a very worthwhile DVD to own-especially for professional performers who wish to tailor an easy card effect to a spceific event (a child's birthday, a Christmas event, a corporate trade show, etc.)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Excellent DVD.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Go for it man! I suggest you use a laser printer though!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks so much guys!! The only problem is that I have an Ink Jet printer... :-/

Will this be THAT much of a problem? Or is there a solution to this?

Well, thanks so much guys!
-Vinnie

PS... What are ALL the requrements you will need to create/print these cards? Like, everything I will need to buy/have? Thanks!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ink Jet is fine.
Get some blank cards, and the rest of the stuff you need will be around the house. (You might need to run to the store for one thing, but I'm not going to mention it here.)

It is a very good DVD and a worthwhile purchase.

Tony
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks you guys! I just ordered it! I can't wait!

-Vinnie
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Excuse me... If you are planning on doing anything other than crude cartoon like images, then do not bother with this. It WILL NOT make real gimmicked cards... As has been stated in previous reviews it is a very inferior product. Also a good working knowledge of Photoshop is required to do anything of any real use. And then ONLY with high end laser printers with special feed devices. And even then the cards have to be specially treated. So in all... STAY AWAY!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
This is a tough choice for me. Does the fact that it's 10 years old make it dated?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Versatile Monte and Beyond... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL