The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Kirigami (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
Just another take on the magic/origami discussion!

I was looking through the New York magic Symposium collection 5 and I came across the Kirigami rings. I've made a few of them up. A really nice effect I have to say! Then, reading on the next page, fair exchange - a puzzle with a cut up card! I'm still working on the puzzle. I need to try it with some spilt cards, though I'm having slight problems with it! Anyone else tried it?

While on the Kirigami subject (basically origami with cutting!), what are your favorite models that use cutting? I love the elephant in the John Tremaine origami book!

David
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
I have not tried it and I don't have the NY Symposium 5. Can you send me diagrams? I don't do much Kirigami. I try to stay with one piece of paper, uncut. I'm not against it, but it is just one more step for me. I do fold a lot of dollar bills and am against cutting for obvious reasons. PM me if you want me to look at the diagrams.

Sterling Dare
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
Hi there,

Basically, I think that the way the card lines up is strange. It does not create a regular design. It is more of a puzzle. I don't think anyone else would noice. They are just making up a puzzle. Just seems like another way to combine origami with magic!

Anyone else out there used these?

David
Mr__Mo_oN
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Mr__Mo_oN
"Kirigami" in the Prisme's book of Max Maven, is an original Magic Puzzle of mentalism with a basical kirigami.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! » » Kirigami (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL