The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whole Deck Vanishes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hey there,

I would have to side with the pull. I consulted for a production of Annie in which a character vanishes a knife on the line "I'll make her disappear - for good!" I used a pull and it went over really well. If you do a good job, you'll be surprised at the number of people saying "that magic part was really impressive." I hope it all works out for you.

Ben
Hostile18
View Profile
Loyal user
London
231 Posts

Profile of Hostile18
Having worked on similar projects I wouldn't recommend a topit unless the actor is a magician. However easy it seems to you now, a proper vanish using a topit is quite difficult if you've never done anything like it before, and actors seldom want to add that much workload to the process.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Please describe the staging and the moment in the play so we can offer you some contextually appropriate suggestions.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
My deck vanish will certainly work.

Based on old principles but new dressing. It's on my Outside the Box DVD but the routine also comes with the gimmick when you purchase it. It's pretty simple and you don't have to worry about missing your topit as none is needed. PM me if you are interested.

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
My deck vanish will certainly work.

Based on old principles but new dressing. It's on my Outside the Box DVD but the routine also comes with the gimmick when you purchase it. It's pretty simple and you don't have to worry about missing your topit as none is needed. PM me if you are interested.

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I would have to say Duvier's routine. The name slips my fingers right now but I have posted this on here before.

You end up with four kings or what ever you want but it is a sweet routine and it envolves the audience as well. you lead them down this less then honest path having the entire audience believe that you are letting them into our world by explaning how a card ends up in your pocket only to slap them in the face by making it appear there, with out the method you were trying to teach them. Then to add salt to the wound you make the deck vanish right under there eyes. The kicker to the thing is that the whole time you are telling them to burn the area where they believe all the trickery happens. I love this effect and always do it when some one says. "Teach me a Trick."

GOT IT "Pocketful of Miracles"

on a side note. I do like PH routine. I just cant keep that homemade gaff clean enough. You guys know what I mean.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Wondering if you found your solution and how the play went. : )

All the best,

Nathan

KranzoMagic.com
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I would use a sports jacket. I do this with jumbo coins all the time. I do a flase transfer of the jumbo coin, rub it on my shoulder, while I am doing that, and all the audiences attention is on my left hand rubbing the "coin" on my shoulder, I drop the jumbo coin in my left jacket pocket. I then put my hands together, apparently holding the coin, get other people to put their hands on mine, and make it vanish. You could do the same with a deck of cards. Maybe do a false transfer, drop it in your left jacket pocket while attention is on your shoulder, and make it vanish. or you could just use some misdirection of some sort, and accomplish the same thing.
-0-
View Profile
New user
London
58 Posts

Profile of -0-
While this is being discussed I thought I'd ask a similar question that's been on my mind for a few weeks.

Does anyone know, or can think of a Deck vanish, done standing closeup, with the deck boxed or unboxed (doesn't matter). No gaffs.

I've experimented using Tenkai (it works), but I can't think of a good way to ditch the deck.

In my normal situation I'd be wearing a shirt, trousers, pouch on my belt (not a Gib, more in the style of the kangaroo pouch), no jacket.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Regards,

-0-
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Paul Gertner has an excellent card stab routine where the deck vanishes.

Great effect.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I have seen Gary Ouellet do a beautiful tabled deck vanish while doing a ribbon spread. Its on "THe BEst of Gary Ouellet" Tapes.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I know the play has come and gone now, so all suggestions are a bit pointless now, but the old radio vanish idea might work well with a deck of cards. Cover the deck with a cloth, lift the cloth up holding the deck through it, and vanish it. Using a large sheet of flash paper instead of the cloth would be nice and visual too.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
bdharris1
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of bdharris1
Idea for a deck pull: have a metal box with the sides painted with little lines that looks like cards, and have the top be open with no lid, except for a mall protruding edge that holds the deck in the pull. Attach it to the sleve with elastic, then have the performer put the deck in the pull, clap the hands togrther, and presto! instant vanish!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Bdharris1,

This is pretty much what my routine is like only the holder isn't metal.

All the best,

Nathan

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whole Deck Vanishes? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL