The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadowbox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bello
View Profile
New user
Oroville California
11 Posts

Profile of bello
I'm thinking of investing my energy in constructing a Shadowbox illusion. It seems as a great "appearing" illusion for my show. Is it Hard to construct in comparison to other types of illusions such as Okito's Evolution of a Lady, Zig Zag, ECT.

When, I mean the Shadow Box, I mean the "girl from the LightBulb." Thought I would clarify that.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
That illusion is LOVELY.
If you have ever see Luis de Matos performing you would fall in love. It´s a amazing illusion indeed.
Did you think it is more dificult than zig-zag??
bello
View Profile
New user
Oroville California
11 Posts

Profile of bello
Luis de Matos is an excellent performer. The reason why I mentioned zig-zag was just for a point of referance. The victory cartoon illusion for example is low on the scale for construction (my point of view). So, I just wanted a general idea of how difficult it would be to construct a shawdowbox comparatively to other grand illusions?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
It depends on what type os SB you are building. The classic type is quite easy as it requires practically no "special" building. If you´re building a baseloader, thats far more difficult and better built by a professional.

Just remember that even a classic SB even if simple in construction, must be built with care and not just knocked together.
Sent from my Typewriter
tommagic3
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tommagic3
Take a look at http://www.tricksinternational.com

I have their Shadow Box.

It's great. It has what they call a square multibase with the shadow box lock on. It is so deceptive, it looks great. It's completely aluminium and really light, all 4 sides lower up and down like a drawbridge and has spandex on all the sides. The sides have inner sides so you can change the spandex, the light needs no main cable it has batteries and looks incredible.

The masked magician showed girl form light. This is a leap foward, people are amazed with it.
Smile
Gr8neSS
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
53 Posts

Profile of Gr8neSS
Doug Malloy also has very nice shadowbox...Im not going to go into detail about the specs. if your interested take a look.....www.malloymodernmagic.com

brandon
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I went to http://www.tricksinternational.com
But I did not see any pics. Where and how, do you see the illusions at this web site?

Ray Noble
tommagic3
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tommagic3
I have emailed them as I am ordering a few things from them. They told me that their site is being changed and updated. They said the site should have all the info and pics on within a week.

Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadowbox (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL