The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Kid show puts me on a website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Well. This is my first post. I am John O'Bryant. A professional magician from San Antonio Tx. Someone actually commented that I was the youngest professional magician in the city. Anyways, I have been doing magic since I was 7 years old and now I am 17 (getting ready for 18). I do all types of shows fro different occasions, but most of the time (like most of you guys may know) I do kid shows. On Feb. 7, 2006 I performed for 150+ kidergardener ( 5 years old), all their parents, and all the teachers for a total of about 200+ people in a auditorium.

Well about 1 week ago they emailed me and gave me a link to the home page of their website. And I was on it. Although they did not write much about me (more about the kids) it was a good experience.

Link: http://www.judsonisd.org/education/schoo......tionid=3 (scroll downward a few paragraphs)

Just thought I would let you guys know what I do!

Thanks,
John
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Congrats on your article/pic. Great Start and advertisement....Keep up the good work!

-Alpha
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
Good for you man! I remember my first paper I was in...It felt good!

Wade
indysmagic
View Profile
New user
cherokee, tx
63 Posts

Profile of indysmagic
Hey John,
Great going. It looks like you as well as the kids were having a ball. Never hurts to drop the editor of your local paper a note or press release. You may be surprised at the response.
Keep Magishing
Shawn
JDKelley
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of JDKelley
As a courtesy, be sure and send a note to the school thanking them for the invitation and for the publicity on their website. I'm sure you already knew to do that, though. It's good practice to send a note of thanks to the reporter, or whoever covers your act for the media. They'll be more inclined to cover you again later. Trust me....reporters and media members remember things like that.

Congratulations on your show bein g a hit. I wish you many, many more.
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Yes, I have contacted a local columnist for the biggest news paper down here but still have not gotten a response so I wrote another one. I'm not giving up until I get a liget response.

I got a call back from the shcool and I will be doing a show for the graduating 5th graders at the end of May 06'.

I plan on going back every year. It will be good publicity and good pay.

-John
Gregory The Great
View Profile
New user
Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Gregory The Great
Congrats, I hnow how it is. Keep it up! (Little idea) Make a flyer for the parents of the students at the school. Never hurts!!!!!
Good luck!!
-Greg
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Keep up the good work!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Kid show puts me on a website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL