The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Harry Loraynes memory work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello all,

I've been interested in memorized deck work for some time now, but yesterday I hitted it of. I've decided to go with the Aronson stack, and had 24 cards down in one day. I can instantly name the number with a card and vice versa (someting that makes me proud ;-)).

I've read a lot of discussions on memory work and recently saw osterlind perform his amazing memory demonstration on one of his dvd's. I was fascinated by the method! Once more I realized that your memory is such a powerful weapon. Not long after that the topic was discussed at school (I'm a psychologystudent) and my interest grew even more.

I've decided that I wanna explore this fascinating field more, and wanna purchase 'How to develop a super power memory' by Harry Lorayne (and maybe you guys can recommend other books!). My question is the following; I saw that the mnemonic system for the Aronson stack is in english, I wanna learn the dutch names for the cards cold so I choose to go with rote memory (which works good for me and probably faster then the mnemonic system). Are the Lorayne books suitable for foreign languages (other then english offcourse), or am I beter off searching for a book in my native language? My english is oke, but offcourse I need dutch mnemonics, etc.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Simon
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Get Lorayne's book it will work in any language and its great value for money.

You are your memory, without it you would be nothing!

Shrink
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
I agree with Shrink, that if you can read English (and obviously, you can...) you will not have trouble reading/understanding/applying the memory work in any language.

However, that said, I also would not be surprised if it had been translated into other languages. You may have already checked on that, but if not, give it a try.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Harry Loraynes memory work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL