The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using IT for Close Up Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
What is your favorite premiss and setup/system? Do you prefer loops or a reel?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Loops all the way
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What would be the best book, video or other media for these effects? I've seen some great ones on the net.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Dave, can you tell me more?: Why loops? What is your premiss?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Loops: Easy to carry around. I can make my own easily now. I only perform animations close up and loops for me work best because of their design. I can use regular white loops for white table cloths or black loops for darker stuff. Minimal movement of the item and the hand works best. If it breaks I have more in my close up case and on my other wrist. Just more convenient I guess.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Eventhough I LOOOOOOOVE my loops, but ITR gives me more freedom and distance, and that plays BETTER IMO...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
Untouched, on Marc Spelmann's second DVD, offers a very strong and clean looking mentalism presentation.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

I have carried loops for years and only did one effect, that of making my glasses stand up. I have been experimenting with an ITR so that I can get more distance. My aim is minimal movement of something on a table at a distance. One hook up I have found is to do an effect with a deck of cards with the IT attached, replace the cards in the box, position it where I want and step back. I then move casually to a position where the IT catches on a light weight object (lighter than the deck) and then move it. I am a long way from liking this though.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
I do this occasionally, in a restaurant setting, get several forks, line them up stare and the one that moves(loop) I pick up and proceed to do my bending routine
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have both ready to go - but I love my ITR - Spellman had some good routines and ahookup on his DVDs... plus its great for remote PK touches and other spooky effects - however, having a loop is great too for other types of PK touches (Lior' for example) as well as impromptu funny stuff happening around your area Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Like Dr. Spector, I use both.

I tend to use loops more as it is quicker for me to get into and clean up, but as we know, sometimes things happen. That s why I like to have a spare or alernate method to accomplish my desired effect. Each has its own group of strenghts and weaknesses. Some effects work better with one, other with the other.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using IT for Close Up Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL