The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fred Kaps Seeing is Believing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Anyone have a review of this dvd. I am well aware that Fred Kaps was the standard we all look up to, and I do have a dvd of him ( not very clear though )Still his magic is awesome. I was wondering how this dvd is..Would appreciate an unbiased review..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Im not going to write a review here, but simply stating GET THIS DVD by all means, it should be in every magicians DVD library.
I had never the opportunity to see him perform live, but this DVD is the next best thing.
It's a wonderful DVD, and the interviews and comments by magicians like Johnny Thompson, David Berglas, Mike Caveny, and our own Pete Biro alone is worth the price of the DVD.

Highly Recommended

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Hi Rennie,

This DVD doesn't teach tricks, and instead illustrates what I consider to be the true "secrets" to top-notch performance--scripting, routining, economy of motion, acting, connecting with an audience, etc. In my opinion, it's a great DVD.

Larry
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-04-24 08:24, Larry Davidson wrote:
Hi Rennie,

This DVD doesn't teach tricks, and instead illustrates what I consider to be the true "secrets" to top-notch performance--scripting, routining, economy of motion, acting, connecting with an audience, etc. In my opinion, it's a great DVD.

Larry

Hi Larry,
Good to hear from you. All of the above statements you made are the reason I want to get this DVD. Fred Kaps is the Epitome of a magician...Unfortunately he died way too soon...
Rennie
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Fred Kaps, one of the best "real" magicians ever lived, his style and smile is grandios and very gentlemanish...
This DVD is probably the best inspiration for any magician. Yo feel fine after you watch the famous legend Fred Kaps from Holland (Abraham Bongers was his real name!)
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
I started watching this last evening and I must tell you that Fred Kaps is still the standard for excellence. Nothing has topped his performances. As I watched, I felt like a 6 year old little boy, full of wonder and enchantment. Nobody comes close to his manner. I remember seeing him on Ed Sullivan decades ago. I told my wife that all of us kids who I grew up with in magic wanted to grow up to be Fred Kaps. A number of my friends are well known professionals; I am a CPA, and nobody grew up to be Fred Kaps, but it was a fine dream!

I've only watched (so far!) four of the performance clips and they are an inspiration. You should have this.

Best,

Abe (another Abraham!)
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Ok I purchased the DVD, now looking forward to receiving it. I know it will be far better than I expect it to be. Fred Kaps was the standard that all magicians strive to be..
Rennie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Received the DVD yesterday. All the accolades about this man were true. Fred Kaps is the Epitome of what every magician should be. I really liked hearing the comments from the guests, they all idolized the man..Anyone wanting to see a master at work get this DVD..
Rennie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Anyone have an idea how he does the "Smoking the Thumb?" He is definitely smoothe and without a doubt the best ever...
Rennie
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I out this dvd in the same category as teh "as I recall:" Slydini dvd set...although its not as in depth certainly as the Slydini I think its historic and important and every serious magician should have it...

kozmo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fred Kaps Seeing is Believing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL