The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Benson bowl bibliography request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
I am seeking Benson bowl routines in print (not DVD or video). I have Benson's routine in Elliot's Classic Secrets, Fred Kaps, and the other routines in Ganson's Art of Close Up and Routined Manipulation. I also have Don Alan's Routine. These are excellent routines, but am seekign what else might be in the literature.
David
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Johnny Thompson's routine is well worth looking for. I believe it might be in "Polished Polish Presentations" a small booklet. The Rezvani Tomato Trick is another (but pre-Benson) as is work by the late Shigeo Takagi. The Japanese were doing the bowl maybe 100 or more years ago. I "think" it is called Owan Ta Mama (or something like that).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
In some odd old lecture notes of mine there are two ideas. 1) Using a toiled plunger and 2) using a tambourine, to load a noisy load on a noisy table top, such as a fistfull of silver dollars on a glass counter top as done by Pat Page in his video.

Mike Caveney has also published the use of a toilet plunger in his Comedy book.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Japanese version of the bowl also appears in Takeshi Nemoto's Tokyo Trickery.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Pat Page's excellent DVD on sponge balls (L&L) has his Benson Bowl routine. Highly recommended. If it's specifically written instruction you're looking for, I'm not sure whether the routine is in print, though.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Frank Garcia has a routine in his Enyclopedia of Sponge Ball Magic. The book is a tad bit hard to find though.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Check out the Book Lance Pierce put out late last year on the Benson Bowl routine. It is certainly a must have if you are looking for books on this effect.
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Hi, and thanks for the mention. I really appreciate it. The book is available at http://www.lancepierce.com/products/pes1.htm .

Cheers!

Lance
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Your welcome Lance! It is well worth mentioning!

Randy
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
great list-thank you all.
David
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Benson by Starlight
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just received my copy of Lance Pierce's book. It is excellent!!!!

Personally, I don't like to mix effects. For example, when I do the bill in the lemon, I don't mix it with something else. However, I can see the logic in Lance's version. In the context of this routine it makes perfect sense.

Just a personal opinion, and I don't think it should deter anyone from purchasing the book. Everything he offers about the bowl routine will apply whether you do the bill in lemon or not.

I particularly like the way he shows the illustrations for the sleights. They are actually bound on separate "pagelets" above the main text, so you can refer to the appropriate illustrations without losing your place in the main text.

Excellent work!!!!

You can tell when you read the text that Lance has done this routine many, many times under fire.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Thanks, Bill! Very kind of you!

:)

Cheers,

Lance
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Lance:

I just call 'em like I see 'em. I haven't seen a bad product from you yet!

You do good work, man!

Take care,

Bill
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Benson bowl bibliography request (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL