The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Topit Technique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Mr. Ammar,
First off, I have a girl named Savannah also, she is also 5 1/2. Congrats on the children.
As for the topit, I practice diligently but kepp having the same recurring problem. My shirt tends to come untucked a little on the left side and the flaop tends to come out a little. Any help for both. I tried shirt garters for the shirt problem but couldn't really find anything to work for the flap. YOur help is grealy appreciated. Thanks for your time. (I love your cups and balls also)

Travis
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
Michael Ammar
View Profile
Creative Spotlight Guest
83 Posts

Profile of Michael Ammar
Hi Travis,

This is an important issue -- if the flap comes out a bit and there is too much play in the material, that is going to work against you. I'm sure you've tried tightening your belt, because that is an important issue, but there is more to it than that.

One thing that I've done to help keep the flap in, is to add a patch of material to the end of the 'tail.' This is from a washcloth, the rather fluffy, terrycloth material. This extra patch of highly textured material helps to keep the flap tucked firmly into the pants, helping to keep the Topit well positioned for accurate use. This helped me a lot!
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Mr. Ammar,
Thank you so much for your reply and taking time for us here at the Café. I will ad said material tonight before I start to practice as the extra material sems to stop the toss sometimes. Thanks again and best of luck in the future.

TRavis
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I wonder if it would help to install those little holes inside your front pant pockets. I don't know what they're called but these holes are often found inside tuxedo pants and are designed to allow you to pull your shirt in when needed. There's no reason why you need to restrict this to your shirt. Simply pull the excess fabric from the topit just before you are about to perform. Just a thought.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
If I'm understanding this correctly, the piece with the extra material would be inside the pants. So I don't think it would interfere with the toss.
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
It would be in the pants, but as the thing backs out, it can interfere. The extra material is supposed to prevent tha backing out. For the record. It works. I havetried it already with a plush wash rag and lo and behold. It worked. Even while bending/moving around. Some of the best advie I have gotten. It was such a simple fix but I never would have thought of it. the shirts it self gets in the way if it backs out but shirt garters have workd okay for that problem.
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Topit Technique » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL